You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Expand stroke (again)

Expand stroke bug seems to be a long standing issue. I've tested this in the main release and the beta with the same result (source attached).

Any ideas why it's doing this? It appears to be a closed path.

Expand stroke bug.afdesign

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

6 minutes ago, matt.baker said:

Any ideas why it's doing this?

You have to admit, that the height of 3,9 px is not much. AD seems to have problems with expanding such small elements. As often you can workaround: Check scale with object at the Stroke panel, scale the element by e.g. 400%, expand stroke and scale by 25%.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

You're right. I forgot it was such a small element. I was hoping that Affinity was doing some sort of relative scaling based on the overall document size so this wouldn't have much effect, but looks like it doesn't. Increasing the size and then performing the expand stroke does fix it. Thanks

It was taken from the attached where the symbol is typically <10 mm tall when reproduced on physical media.

WEEE.afdesign

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

Maybe if the computing such small elements is too difficult to program, Serif should use the scale cheat with expanding strokes if height or width is smaller than xy pixel. How much longer will this take? 1 ms? 2 ms? Who would notice that? ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.