You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey guys, Hope your day is going well. I am at a lost at the moment. I need to make my current pricing menu for my photography on 3 separate pages. Currently I have them all on one and it confuses the customers being this way. I want to make each page look nice but not knowing really where to start. I was thinking of doing a gradient for the back ground for starters. I attempted in applying a gradient and then nothing happen. The base layer was still white. What did I do wrong? I did leave CS6 for you guys seeing how you don't hog all my ram and have faster features then adobe. Then I was thinking of adding a nice border for each page and some small designs on it to make it look flashy. Then save all pages as a PDF to send to clients. Any help you could give would be great thank you! Also I rated you guys a 5 star so  :D Hope to hear from you soon! 

P.S. Also Photoshop used actions and it was a huge help to my workflow. Does Affinity use actions? If not, when?  :ph34r:

post-9794-0-66011900-1446672830_thumb.png

post-9794-0-04409600-1446672838_thumb.png

Have a Great Day!

www.stevierayphotography.com 

~StevieRay 

Hi stevieray,

you can’t apply a gradient directly to the empty background of your design (or to an empty layer). Instead of attempting that, you would have to create a rectangle of (at least) the same size as your document, use that rectangle as the bottom layer and apply a gradient to it (see my attachment below … it shows the basic document structure). Does that help?

Actions are currently not available in Designer or Photo.  :(

Keep on asking, if you encounter further problems … 

Cheers, Alex  :)

Structure.afdesign

As I added to my earlier post, actions are currently not available in Affinity apps. For Affinity Photo there is a Macro Persona on the roadmap:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/10075-affinity-photo-feature-roadmap/

I am not sure if we will see similar options in Designer as well … hopefully so. Dedicated scripting capabilities would be even better. But please remember, we are talking about a version 1 software with a feature set that is already amazingly large …  ;)

Cheers, Alex  :)