You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RAW development unusable: Canon R5 CR3 Raw file with EF-S lens

Dear,

I'm a big fan of Affinity Photo. I've just purchased a new camera, the Canon R5.

Currently using it with the Canon Mount Adaptor to shoot raw (cr3) files with my EF-S lens 17-55 2.8.

The camera is automatically setting it to crop mode (1.6), because of this. Photo's look ok in DPP from Canon.

The raw development in Affinity Photo is wrong and not usuable... just can't use affinity photo anymore :-( 

Easily reproducable, just open a CR3 raw file taken with the R5, mounted with the adapter and the EF-S lens 17-55 2.8.

Not sure, but most likely it is true for other EF-S lenses as well (just don't have any other to test).

See attachments:

- originally produced CR3 file

- the same photo, but JPEG straight out of the R5

- screenshot the result in Affinity Phot after opening the CR3

2N5A0060.JPG

Aff_photo_2N5A0060.JPG

2N5A0060.CR3

Hey Old Bruce, this did the trick! It's looking ok now. Not sure why that checkmark was set to on, but seems obvious now. Somehow it still kind of a bug, where it should not turn completely black and should just 'remove' the vignette, not everything. However, super happy that it can be "fixed" by just unchecking this. Thank you very much for your time & help!

@wclaes or get the datafile https://github.com/lensfun/lensfun/blob/master/data/db/slr-canon.xml  and modify the crop factor. Try copying the  attached file to your C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Photo\1.0\LensProfiles folder. Restart Photo and it ought to work. You can open the xml in a text editor and see <cropfactor>1</cropfactor>

CanonCrop.jpg

CanonEF-S_17-55.xml

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10