You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iCloud confusion

On my Desktop, I enabled the Affinity Design app in iCloud, and did the same on my new iPad. The iPad can't see any of the files from the desktop, however, and vice-versa.

When I look in iCloud settings from the iPad, the files from the iPad are saved in a folder called "Affinity Photo," not Designer. The folder from the Desktop shows up as just "affinity" without a proper icon (see attached screen shot).

Using the iCloud web interface or the Desktop to look at iCloud Drive, I see the "Affinity Designer" folder, not the "Affinity Photo" folder.

The iPad and Desktop are both on the most recent versions of the OS and the Affinity Design software. I've tried restarting all devices.

I don't think I did anything unusual when setting things up. This is the first time I've used iCloud for anything serious.

Is this a bug? Did I do something boneheaded? Any suggestions?

IMG_0003.PNG

On 7/19/2021 at 3:48 AM, stokerg said:

Hi @libelle,

This might sound like an obvious question, but both devices are signed into the same Apple ID?  If they are, can you try signing out of iCloud and back in on both devices and see if you have the same issue.

It is a good question, but it is one of the things I checked.

Here's what I see when I look at a lower-level. The directory names in the iCloud drive are:

$ ls -l ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents
drwxr-xr-x  4 libelle  staff  128 Jul 15 20:20 6XXXXXXX99~com~seriflabs~affinity
drwxr-xr-x  4 libelle  staff  128 Jul 17 13:01 6XXXXXXX99~com~seriflabs~affinitydesigner

(Not sure whether the initial digits in the directory name have any significance, so I redacted them. They are the same for each directory).

I guess it's not such a big deal, though. After an additional restart, I can manually navigate to the other directory, and it's syncing correctly again.