Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.10.0.1109

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes / Improvements
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Mac App Store: Not Submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Not Available

---

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.10.0.1109 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

Due to current and anticipated changes to help with performance issues this version is now 1.10.0 and replaces the previous 1.9.4 beta. All previous changes from 1.9.4 have been rolled into this beta.

As such, we strongly recommend that you do not use this beta for real work as data could be lost and the files you save are not guaranteed to open in previous / future versions of Affinity Designer. 

---

Fixes and Updates

- Text wrap settings from existing document were not being honoured
- Inline pinned objects could appear in the wrong location
- Fixed Vertical Alignment issue for last cell in Table
- Formatting could revert when inserting text
- Convert to Curves for pinned objects could transform objects unnecessarily 
- Honour document colour format when providing clipboard PDF data to other applications
- Linked images in a packages were not always resolved correctly
- Fixed crash that could occur when rearranging swatches
- Find & Replace - first part of saved Replace string not restored

---

To be notified about all future Mac beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

Thanks for the new Beta!  Could not have come at a better time.  Thirty minutes ago, the previous version suddenly started crashing over and over as soon as opened.  Got an error message about fonts, even though I had not touched or used a font for 2 hours. 

here's hoping...

--------

Last login: Thu Jul 15 11:26:43 on ttys000

The default interactive shell is now zsh.

To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.

For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.

MacBook-Pro-2:~ Dennison1$ /Applications/Affinity\ Publisher\ Beta.app/Contents/MacOS/Affinity\ Publisher\ Beta ; exit;

2021-07-15 11:27:30.185 Affinity Publisher Beta[10961:200325] CoreText note: Client requested name ".SFNS-RegularItalic", it will get Times-Roman rather than the intended font. All system UI font access should be through proper APIs such as CTFontCreateUIFontForLanguage() or +[NSFont systemFontOfSize:].

2021-07-15 11:27:30.185 Affinity Publisher Beta[10961:200325] CoreText note: Set a breakpoint on CTFontLogSystemFontNameRequest to debug.

Segmentation fault: 11

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

I know it's been only an hour and I can speak just to my own workflow requirements, but this beta feels really good to me as a candidate to replace 1.9.3. I won't do any real work in the beta of course but all of the issues that would have prevented me from using a previous beta to do work are resolved. Thanks!

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

16 hours ago, AdamW said:

- Honour document colour format when providing clipboard PDF data to other applications

AWESOME - massive time saver for me  - great work👍👍

Also had a request for a re-run of some old artwork, one being CD artwork which need's to be re-purposed for old school gatefold 12" album release and thought I'd just have ago at moving over the original .indd by opening up in slow and clunky InDesign cs5 and re-saving as .idml then opening in Pub Beta 1.10.0.1109 - what a great and smooth conversion with everything intact with all layer names, master pages and intact global colours + embedded multi layer PSD's all accessible direct via studiolink  - the original .indd is very laggy even in low res view, yet in Pub it flitts around super quick and smooth - very very impressive👍👍

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Hello,
may I suggest to always inform beta user in two separate listings 
1) what changes have been made compared to the previous Beta and 
2) what changes have been made compared to the previous version
?

Or did I miss such a list?

Ich hoffe, ich erlebe es noch, dass die deutschen Anführungszeichen in Affinity Publisher korrekt funktionieren.

1 hour ago, Optische Ausrichtung said:

Or did I miss such a list?

I don't think you missed it. In the last several Publisher betas, it is only the most recent changes that are posted. Sometimes Serif does something more like what you are requesting, such as for the latest Designer beta. I think it would be no harm at all and sometimes helpful to do the same for Publisher betas.

• Staff

@Optische Ausrichtung

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

You have not missed it. This is a basic summary of the changes since the last release 1.9.3

Improvements:

• IME text editing for JA and ZH-HANS languages (desktop only)
  • Editing speed with long stories
  • Smaller PDF export file sizes when multiple copies of the same passthrough PDFs are present
  • Better output of placed PDFs set to Passthrough to targets not supporting Passthrough
  • Implemented OpenType character variant samples and parameter names
  • Import keyboard shortcuts from IDML files

Improved performance with:

• Heavily layered documents (faster rendering during panning and text reflow)
  • Placed images
  • Embedded documents
  • Low-memory conditions
  • Placed PDFs set to Passthrough
  • Documents containing placed documents (Resource Manager)

Resource Manager:

• New Relink option for missing resources
  • New File Type column
  • EPS files can be linked

Added support for emoji 
Many Bug Fixes and minor improvements as listed in previous 1.9.4/1.10.0 betas

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.