Sign in to follow this  
lekrul

Wrong picture dimensions, wrong lens type

Hi there,

have found two things today:

1) AP shows a different image size in RAW development than my Canon 6D shows internally: Instead of 5472x3648 which is displayed on both my Canon and Aperture I do get 5496x3670. The pictures are slightly larger, so AP can display pixels the Canon normally won't show???

2) The Lens type is misread by AP somehow, it shows the Zeiss 18mm instead of the Zeiss 50mm. Tried EXIFs on Aperture, there everything is ok.

Screenshot is attached.

Kind regards.

post-13456-0-82442000-1446591478_thumb.png

Hi lekrul

Cameras usually do some smart trimming to the very edge of the image which is part of the camera profile. In Affinity we're not currently using camera profiles so we import the image without this trimming, hence the extra pixels.

We are already aware of some issues with lenses in our EXIF, however if you could produce and example file with the lens it would help us set thing right!

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

post-13456-0-08161700-1446662452_thumb.jpg

Hi lekrul

Cameras usually do some smart trimming to the very edge of the image which is part of the camera profile. In Affinity we're not currently using camera profiles so we import the image without this trimming, hence the extra pixels.

We are already aware of some issues with lenses in our EXIF, however if you could produce and example file with the lens it would help us set thing right!

Cheers

Ok, will attach an image. If you need a different file just tell me which one. The RAW is too big, as it's more than 20MB. The lens should be: Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 50mm f/1.4

Cheers