You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export PDF X-1A 2001 (feature request)

Please seriously consider adding the ability to export PDF X-1A 2001 from Designer and/or Publisher. It is necessary when dealing with four-color process printers. I've seen several others post about this in the forum.

In case you're not familiar with all the background: Serif uses PDFLib to create PDFs, and some time ago they (PDFLib) decided that PDF X-1A 2003 was the lowest they would support. Serif would need to convince PDFLib to change that decision (I think they've tried), or change to a different library provider, or develop their own code.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

@j.king

This from the thread you posted in before this one, the official answer from the developer responsible. It is not an export option in the library we use or we would offer it, sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon