You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi! Just a quick question. I've been spending the week reading the Publisher Workbook and kicking the tires of Publisher with an actual project. So far with the help of the workbook, I have been having huge success in translating my inDesign brain over to Publisher.

One thing that's tripping me up is being able to quickly snap my oversized text boxes to fit the last baseline of text. I use this method a lot in inDesign for snapping to bottom of the text frame to a baseline or margin. If there is a function for this, please let me know. In InDesign you can use this function for anything that sits in a frame, including images and tables. 

As a work around I have been locking the text to the baseline and using "snap to baseline" for the text frames but it takes time and is a little fiddly.

I'm attaching screenshots of inDesign so you can see a visual of what I'm describing. And just to note, there's also a fit content icon located in the top menu when you use the move tool that I find super useful.

And as a side note, I am loving the fit options for art when you place without a frame in Publisher. That's just brilliant!

All the best!

Stephen :)

affinity_fit_Content.png

1 minute ago, segts said:

One thing that's tripping me up is being able to quickly snap my oversized text boxes to fit the last baseline of text.

Just doubleclick the bottom centre handle of the text frame.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

What works most of the time is to double click on the bottom middle handle of the text frame.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Just doubleclick the bottom centre handle of the text frame.

2 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

What works most of the time is to double click on the bottom middle handle of the text frame.

Thank you both for such a speedy response! I read this somewhere, but for some reason when I tried, it wasn't working for me. I just tried it again with a new text box and viola!!!! Thank you so much! Relearning behaviors is a lot like learning a new language. I think that's why people rely on old faithfuls rather than trying to options! I can't thank you enough! I'll let you know if it doesn't work for some reason in the new doc that I'm working on! 

Best!

Stephen :)

What's even funnier is that after all the years of using inDesign, I had no clue that double clicking on the bottom middle bounding dot also snapped the box to the text's baseline. It's like you opened up a world that's always been there and I had no clue!

Consider me an old dog with a new trick!

S:)