You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why have you started a new thread about this when you already have one which has received numerous replies, here?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Easiest way is to set up an artboard of the dimensions you want the exported size. Say 80 x 300 pixels and place (copy paste from the first artboard with all the items on it) each item on its own artboard of that size (80 x 300 pixels). Then export each artboard using the Export Persona. 

This is something of a problem and I don't know why we can't 'easily' duplicate same sized slice for each item/layer.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 minutes ago, Vophsigem said:

You're supposed to be helping, not wasting time with irrelevant questions. 

It struck me as being very relevant. There is a way to make multiple slices all the same size, which may or may not solve your problem, but I'll sit on it until you apologise for shouting

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Just now, David in Яuislip said:

It struck me as being very relevant. There is a way to make multiple slices all the same size, which may or may not solve your problem, but I'll sit on it until you apologise for shouting

I don't need your help because I found the solution. You might try addressing the people who are wasting my time and attacking me instead of actually helping. 

Happy to hear that you've solved it. Care to share it? Others with the same problem, there are many of them, would appreciate it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Easiest way is to set up an artboard of the dimensions you want the exported size. Say 80 x 300 pixels and place (copy paste from the first artboard with all the items on it) each item on its own artboard of that size (80 x 300 pixels). Then export each artboard using the Export Persona. 

This is something of a problem and I don't know why we can't 'easily' duplicate same sized slice for each item/layer.

Absolutely! For some reason when text is converted to a png through the slicing process, it changes the size of the text. That part I can't explain. In order to maintain the actual size of the font that was originally used, (I used 20pt) create a slice using the slice tool (draw a slice box around the object). Then go the slice menu (see screenshot) and add a second slice parameter. Type in the dimensions as noted in the screenshot and hit enter. Delete the first slice parameter so that only the exact dimensions are left for export. Export as usual.

NOTE: I noticed when I added the second set of export parameters, the actual bounding box (blue slice box around the text) did not update to reflect the new export dimensions, but the text exported to a png the precise point size I used in the initial document. 

I tried this with multiple character count text objects and they exported as the same size - 20pt - no variation in size. I hope this helps!

set dimensions for slices.png

26 minutes ago, Vophsigem said:

For some reason when text is converted to a png through the slicing process, it changes the size of the text. That part I can't explain.

I cannot duplicate that here, either by using artboards to create the slices or by using any other method to create them. For example, in this text for png slices.afdesign file, all my slices are set to the default 1x export scale factor; all the text is 20 point, & all 3 of the slice exports show all the text at the same size as in the afdesign file.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7