You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why is there no import of Text Styles from .aftemplate?

Wouldn't it make sense to import from a template? I am partially wrong here. The import works with .aftemplate, but the file extension is not shown in the file filter.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

21 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

the file extension is not shown in the file filter.

Is this a Windows thing? – In macOS there is no difference for .aftemplate on text style import + the auto-filter:

33024864_textstyleimportfiletypes.jpg.93605524332f7c260e5a5d0c2461a432.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff
22 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

The import works with .aftemplate, but the file extension is not shown in the file filter.

Thanks for your report @Joachim_L :)

I suspect that this is meant to work with a template, simply the file extension has been overlooked in the filter.

I'll get this logged with our developers now, as it certainly requires further investigation!

1 hour ago, thomaso said:

Is this a Windows thing? – In macOS there is no difference for .aftemplate on text style import + the auto-filter:

Thanks for letting me know! From my very quick tests this does appear to be Windows only, however I will be sure to test Mac further to ensure this is the case.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!