You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The German Affinity Publisher 1.10.0.1098 for Windows reliably destroys existing layouts (saved with previous versions) under the following circumstances:

• In a multi-page document, insert some graphics (or table or whatever) and pin it as a character to flow with the text.
  • In order for the image to be displayed properly, do not use a fixed line height, but keep the automatically determined one.
  • In previous versions of Publisher, this works reliable ('BreakOK.png').
  • In the new beta, if any such image-containing paragraph begins at the top of a page, the image is moved to a wrong position, and the layout of the rest of the document is destroyed accordingly ('BreakBug.png').
  • Please find attached also the original document saved with version 1.9.2.1035 (which version 1.9.4.x could also properly read).

It would be nice if the original correct behaviour could be restored.

Andreas Weidner

BreakOK.png

BreakBug.png

BreakBug.afpub

Oh, good.  I had pointed out similar/same issues with pinned content at the top of the page in the original 1098 announcement thread and was getting ready to start a new thread on the topic, since I hadn't spotted an acknowledgement.  Glad it's known!

• Staff

42 minutes ago, sfriedberg said:

I had pointed out similar/same issues with pinned content at the top of the page in the original 1098 announcement thread and was getting ready to start a new thread on the topic, since I hadn't spotted an acknowledgement

All bugs should be reported in a new thread and not in the announcement thread...

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.