You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

White balance tool (develop persona)

The WB tool in develop persona seem not to work.

If I merge visible, go to develop persona, select white balance tool, click on the left area “ORIGINAL”, the WB slider in basic panel shows a certain WB shift (-13%, -9%, …).

After apply and re-enter develop persona, the tool again shows a WB shift, a tad smaller than before.

I would expect that the WB gets fully corrected in first iteration, and further iterations show zero.

image.jpeg.858e279765ce5dfe6fe61172490e6263.jpeg

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• Staff

Hi @NotMyFault,

this is an interesting one. I don't think you should be able to "correct" it over and over again. The same thing happens if you apply a WB adjustment and merge it. 

By the way, how is this sample image related to his other post? You're both using the same image

I tried to replicate the other issue, and by accident found this related issue. For the sake of simplicity my report is using this image from another report. If this is against any policy please remove the image/post. As images posted publicly in this forum for the intention of explaining bugs, i assume it is ok / fair use. 

Im in no way related to the author of the other post.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• 1 year later...

Bump. Is this issue still open? There are several newer reports (for desktop, retail version) covering the same topic, including a heated discussion if this a bug or “works as designed”