You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fail to save document Beta 10.1098

I have received the following error when trying to save a file in beta, the file save as zero bytes and is read only and will not open

image.png.0a3b7755c1266c1b1e32fdbce2c3afa9.png

If there is any other file in the app data folder you need let me know.

I created the same blank publication in retail and copy pasted the contents of each page over and is saved no problem. Only difference is I had some of the layers locked in the beta but had to unlock to copy and paste.

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

• Staff

Do you happen to have the last version of that file that saved correctly? The link in the other thread should still be active if you want to use that. Any info on what kind of actions you were taking before the error appeared when saving will be useful, unfortunately we'll need to reproduce what happened that caused this error to appear to fix it.

If you see it again working on the same file be sure to let us know if you spot any "patterns" in the actions you are taking

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Jon

Unfortunately it was the first saving of the file in the beta so I have no previously saved versions. I have opened the version created with retail APub with the beta and expereinced no problems saving it. My preference is to embed images and when creating the original beta I got the message about linking to save space which I accepted, when copied and pasted to the retail the linked remained.

Just as an aside for the first time I got a thumbnail image when saving directly to my One Drive linked folder, previously they have only saved the app logo. Checked this was also the case with apub and Afdesign files created previously, which is good news hope it stays

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.