You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD Trace tutorial process - Python

Hi fellow illustrators, artists and designers,

I made a short and "classic" trace tutorial for Affinity Designer. I do a quick break-down of steps taken from sketch to "final". For me it is a also a short test for moving from Illustrator :)

I take around a minute for each step. Original artwork is from micropython.org, so consider this trace as fanart for the above :) I will add my own sketches in the future when I get the time and hopefully also more complete in concptual illustration terms. For the moment, it is more of an exercise.

Hopefully the tutorial will bring some value. Do comment on my process or ask questions and I will answer when I have some time. I have been using AD on late nights only and have been reading around the forum for some time now, but thought I would give back something to this awesome community. To Affinity, thank you so much for such a wonderful tool and all the hard work you put in, it truly is moving towards a vector tool replacement for many users now and is innovating from this base also.

Trace tutorial

post-452-0-17513400-1446340305_thumb.png

I'll second that! Very good.

Looking forward to seeing more tutorials from you leifm :)

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Thank you so much! I certainly will go back to this tutorial. Very informative! 
Your English is very, very good!  However, I think we are from the same part of the world. ;)

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2