You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Registering Affinity apps bought from different places

Long ago I purchased AffPhoto and AffDesigner at the AppStore but later bought AffPub at the Affinity Store. I am up to date with all three apps from these two locations. I often use the first two above via the persona choice within the third. However, it now appears that the first two apps above need to registered (see snap below with question marks in the doc where tthe icon of these two apps should appear), but of course I cannot do this via the Affinity Store and the AppStore say that I'm up to date.

Question: Does the snap below mean that there is a disconnect between AffPub and the other two app? Is it a matter of registering the two? If so, how do I reconcile the different purchase sites so that I do not continually have this problem? 

Affinity has rescued me from Adobe's "dungeon," and thus I'm happy to purchase new copies of any of the apps in order to solve this problem 

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 8.34.30 PM.png

PS to my post above:

This may be a Mac OS problem. I dragged Designer and Photo down into my dock and they appear okay, but I cannot remove the two question marks, even though I drag them out and it says "Remove." Perhaps it is an Affinity update problem or something with Mac's OS 11.4. Strange that they suddenly appeared yesterday.

That should not be related to registering the applications, but you can check if you have them registered.

When you open the application you should have (by default) an icon on the right edge of the Toolbar to open the My Account panel: image.png.d263f8dfabd4cec1f0ced8616a260020.png

If it's green like that you've registered that application and you're signed in. If it's gray, it's either not registered or you're signed out.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1