You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3 minutes ago, Michel Saguiar said:

How can I distort shape 1 to be the same as shape 2 in Affinity Design while keeping it as a vector?

The only option within Designer is to manually move each node. You could shear it first to get you partly there.

Realistically you would need to open it in something like InkScape to do the transform.

Or Vectorstyler although it is now a paid for App.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

This was one of the abilities you just expect when firing up Designer for the first time, and lots of users have voiced this over the years. it was a feature planned within the 1 version cycle, but may hopefully be included in version 2?

VectorStyler is a worthy purchase just for this feature alone (I use it a lot) and really quick and fluent, even with complex vector distortions that Illustrator would struggle with - it copy and pastes great back and fourth between Affinity, although the Affinity clipboard has a recent bug where it messes up your colours when pasting in any other (non Affinity) app - once this is fixed and back to normal (hopefully before 1.10 release) it works flawlessly

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

The lack of these resources end up disrupting our daily lives as a designer. And with that it is necessary to install another application to make up for the lack of resources. I really think it's past time for these features to be added to Affinity.

Unfortunately I will have to appeal to inkscape or another.

Thanks for the personal support!

3 hours ago, Dazmondo77 said:

it was a feature planned within the 1 version cycle, but may hopefully be included in version 2?

We are still within version 1, and we have no idea when version 2 is coming. It could still be several years off, as we now know the next release after 1.9.2 (or 1.9.3) should be 1.10.0.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

34 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

We are still within version 1, and we have no idea when version 2 is coming. It could still be several years off, as we now know the next release after 1.9.2 (or 1.9.3) should be 1.10.0.

Thats fair enough Walt - It would be great if it comes to version 1, but another 3 months and it will be seven years since release, and my optimism has waned. just glad that VectorStyler is around (although not ideal and buggy at times), now I can hold off with the rants for a while👍   

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk