You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text that gets larger as it goes from left to right?

Imagine a wheel with spokes.  The spokes grow farther apart the farther they are from the hub.

I want to create text that might fit into that space, growing larger as it gets farther from the beginning of the sentence.

Is there any way to do this in Affinity?

@RNKLN

Good evening. Does on Designer. But at the end, its always a vectoriel object or a bitmap object ?

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

This was done in Photo. The perspective tool isn't available in Designer, but you can Open in Photo from Designer, provided you have the license for Photo.

It won't remain a vector object, I believe, when you export, but will be rasterised.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

17 minutes ago, Vicente Bermúdez said:

Yes, it is possible to do what you want, but I only recommend it for short texts. You must use a layer of realtime effects. The text will remain editable, but you will have a hard time hovering over the correct letters.

Nice!  I wonder what Affinity Suite is?  I've got Photo, Designer and Publisher.  Is that a Suite?

Using RNKLN's solution (Photo), I made this.  This is closer to what I want because the left end doesn't look as if it's farther back.  I want a flat look, not a real perspective one.  The difference is that the letters at the left don't get narrower.

2021-06-29-4-Screenshot.png

Vicente,

I think all I want is to switch among the 3 programs.  In the example above, I used Affinity Photo to make the expanding text.  I wanted to put it into Affinity Designer, but the only way I could do it was to save the file from Photo and open it with Designer.  I thought there was some kind of button that would just switch while working on the same file.

This is no big deal, but if there's some way to do it, I'd love to know.

Thanks!

ge

1 hour ago, zabouti said:

I thought there was some kind of button that would just switch while working on the same file.

What about the File menu item "Edit In Designer..." ?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi Zabouti,
I think that if you have updated all the programs to the latest version, you can activate the StudioLink function. This means that from any program you can make a call to the tools of the other two without having to exit the application you are using at the time. By default, I always work with Affinity Publisher, because 90% of the Designer and Photo tools are already incorporated. I pretty much just open Affinity Publisher. In the video that I put you, you will see that in the upper left corner are the 3 buttons that call the other programs. Look at it carefully and you will see how that is what you are looking for.
If you have any other questions, leave me a message. Here we are always happy to help each other.

17 minutes ago, Vicente Bermúdez said:

And as R C-R says, you also have it in the file menu. I think you would have to update your Affinity Serif customer account in order to activate the buttons that I indicated before.

Actually the Designer and Photo Persona buttons are not the same as the "Edit in ..." items in the File Menu. The former enable you to use the basic features of Designer and Photo within Publisher, the latter opens the other apps, so that you have access to the actual app with all it's features.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad