You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I would like to have the possibility to hide or show pages

Right now, you can delete, duplicate pages on the left of Affinity Publisher. I would like to have the oppertunity to HIDE or SHOW pages. So you can make a document and hide pages. This will make my workflow easier. Just one document for two versions.

publisher-hide-show-pages.jpg.0fc94a053a3c7da167c68a09b3995d8b.jpg

I can't see if this is allready possible. I haven't found it. 

When you pick an page in the left window. Then click on the right button of the mouse, now you can "hide" a page. The page will be grayed out. Like in example above. If you click right on a allready hidden page, you can select "show". That is the original state. 

Please!!!!

Kind regards,

Jan

1 hour ago, pruus said:

I can't see if this is allready possible. I haven't found it. 

It isn't, you can stop looking.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

My two cents: this is more complicated than it appears.

Let's say you have 3 pages with linked text frames, pages numbered 1, 2, and 3. And on page 4 you have an index that includes markers for pages 1, 2, and 3.

You hide page 2. The text in the story that would have appeared on page 2 would be hidden and not re-flow to page 3. Page 3 would be renumbered to page 2. This is logical but what if you then edit page 1, adding a paragraph and pushing the last paragraph on that page to page 2. And that might push a paragraph of hidden text from 2 to 3. It's logical but weird.

The index markers for page 2 would need to be hidden in the index and the markers for page 3 would need to be updated to page 2.

If you were using facing pages and pages 2-3 were a spread but you hid page 2 which changed page 3 from a right to left page, how would publisher handle it?

What if you were using numbered paragraphs and started numbering on page 1 and continued through 2 and 3, would the paragraphs that fell on page 2 not be counted and numbering would resume on page 3? Probably.

Worst case scenario - hiding a page could also cause the text composition of subsequent pages to change if you're using something like numbered paragraphs. This is an edge case but it could happen.

And in a future world where we have cross references, if page 3 has a cross ref to page 2, the field couldn't display a 2 now and would have to display # because the cross ref was invalid.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 1 year later...