You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cant open Picture loosing time because of this App

Why can't i place my Images with the Place Image, the photos wont show up whenever i save one i can't open it and its getting frustrating now cause im loosing time everytime, if this doesn't get fixed or tell me how im done with Affinity, everytime 5mins just to find the image i have better to do with my time, is there any fix for this i can't loose time atm

16249666631224902037684635849461.jpg

• Staff

@DesignerRR I have edited your post here to remove the swearing, and the inappropriate image.

Please ensure you are familiar with the Guidelines here on the Affinity Forums before you post further, else we may have to remove your posts altogether.

In regards to the issue you're reporting, could you please provide a screen recording showing the steps you are taking in the Affinity apps and the issue that occurs?

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

No problem at all, many thanks for keeping me updated!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 10 months later...

I found a solution to files not loading... Luckily, I didn't waste too much time figuring out what was wrong for me. Which was a permission issue. Heads up to anyone that downloads folders from Google Drive or any other place, you need to create a new folder and paste everything there and delete the old one. Files won't load from folders that were created outside your computer. If you can rename the file, it should load. In my case, Windows 11 wouldn't even allow me to rename the files until I copied them to a new folder.

Edited by dhyatt52
additional info that might be helpful
  • Windows 11
  • Hardware Acceleration: On
  • MSI GF75 Thin 10UEK-048 Gaming Laptop - 17.3" 144 Hz IPS - Intel Core i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB GDDR6 - 64 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 Memory - 512 GB NVMe SSD + 2 TB WD Blue SSD
  • Dual Display: XPPen Artist 22E Pro 21.5 inch 1080p

David Hyatt
ATSOTC Magazine Editor