You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems when printing

It is so  frustrating. I am now testing Affinity for ten days, and think that I learn pretty quickly. But I do not know how I can(position the image) i.e. choose different margins  around the photo when printing my images, like I can do with Photoshop.I have asked this question before, but so far Ihave not received any answer from the support. If I can not print my images, I can not buy Affinity although it would be ideal for me.

/ Ola

post-21009-0-91379200-1446291074_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Ola,

Welcome to the Forums :)

At the moment there aren't many printing options in Affinity however Professional printing is something that is on our roadmap to be added in the future.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

You have no idea how disappointing that is. If I knew that the ability to make proper prints was not part of this software I never would have purchased it in the first place.

To promote this software that is supposedly an excellent alternative to Photoshop is deceptive at best.

To MBd: How, and where do I find instructions?

All this commotion and I can– as affinity user –  not even print one of my pictures. All images are not supposed to be emailed to a newspaper.

If I may offer this;
In Photo menu bar go to Document > Resize Canvas (key shortcut;  option cmd C)

In the dropdown;
Choose your preferred unit of measurement from the Units options.
Type in the new canvas size you need, to acomodate the margins.
Set the Anchor point to; Centre.
Then click the Resize button.

Depending on your requirements you may want to add a background fill colour, of say white, behind the picture before exporting for print.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M