You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Haze Removal extension - corrupted display of raw images

Please see this post in the main Affinity on Desktop forum for the original description. 

When using the Haze Removal extension in Apple Photos to edit RAW and RAW + JPEG images, the display of the 'before' image is badly corrupted. In my case this is with Panasonic .rw2 images. The OP didn't specify what kind of images he was editing.

569347316_Screenshot2021-06-28at08_07_10.thumb.png.9c7a3de26c00345004fc0196f4a8002d.png

This occurs with the extension that is installed with Beta 1.10.0.244, hence my post here, but it's also present in the current Apple App Store version (1.9.3).

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

hi @Chris B

Would you be able to send me a Dropbox link please? I'd rather not make the metadata available. 

Thanks,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

hi @Chris B

Just uploaded an .rw2 file. Others are reporting the same issue in the original thread.

This is the sort of thing I see when the app is having memory pressures and I use the fill bucket. Sometimes part/all of the image becomes empty or sometimes has random memory content.

Device: Apple M1 Ultra 64GB Ventura 13.0.1 Apple Studio Display

- Andrew

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.