You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm attempting to optimize my website, which Google PageSpeed Insights says is lagging due to images not being optimized.  I've also discovered a website, TinyPNG, that optimizes images.  My initial tests have gone well, and I've noticed there is Photoshop plugin for TinyPNG.  Does anyone have any experience with this plugin?  Will it even work in Designer or Photo?

By reducing the number of colors, 24-bit PNG files can be converted to much smaller 8-bit indexed color images.

That sounds very much like what Adobe Fireworks used to be able to do since — forever. Would be nice if such functionality could be included in the core functions of AD (or AP), actually.

I´ve immediately downloaded this one

it takes quite some time to compute the optimizations so I wound´t like this for every AP/ AD export but I could definitely see this as an option for APub to say:

- ok, I´ve finished this project and want to smallest file size on earth and don´t care if it computes for 15 min (if there are many images).

My first try was directly a hit with 71% optimization and then I had something about 10-20% which is really ok but did not freak me out that much anymore

Use File > Export > PNG > More, tick the Palettised box and select the number of colours you want.

Thank you!  I chose the Web Colours Palette option.  I then used TinyPNG on that exported image, just to see if it could be gotten any smaller.  It actually was able to get it smaller, but just 11% smaller.  I'm not too interested in diving through menus and options, so it's nice to know about the Palettised functionality.  I also would prefer not to have to export into another app or website in order to optimize images.  So, the Palette option seems to be the best option right now.

Thanks again! 

(That said-- I'd love hear about anyone's experience with the TinyPNG plugin inside an Affinity app.)