You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

As I understand it,  changes to the MS Store are to enable different packaging technologies to be used, as well as the current one.  I assume this means that Serif won't be forced to make changes that would cut off Win 10 users.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

My understanding is that the Microsoft Store will become Google Android based similar to how the Microsoft Edge browser is now based on Google Chrome.  So, will the current Affinity Windows apps still work once upgraded to Windows 11?  Testing needs to be done.  Windows 11 is currently available for download and will be pushed to all current Windows 10 computers in October or November.  Might this mean that the Windows Affinity apps could be run on Android tablets as well?

8 hours ago, ScottHall said:

My understanding is that the Microsoft Store will become Google Android based similar to how the Microsoft Edge browser is now based on Google Chrome.

The MS Store will be able to access the Amazon app store, but I don't think it could be described as "Android based".

So, will the current Affinity Windows apps still work once upgraded to Windows 11?  Testing needs to be done. 

I expect it to be like any major OS upgrade - there'll be problems, but current s/w should carry on working.

Windows 11 is currently available for download and will be pushed to all current Windows 10 computers in October or November.

We're back to "understandings", but is that an official download?  MS have said Win 11 is planned to be released "around the holiday season" but they haven't announced any dates. 

<edit>

To be clear, MS haven't announced any release dates.

Might this mean that the Windows Affinity apps could be run on Android tablets as well?

No.  Some Android apps will be able to run via Intel's Bridge technology, but that doesn't mean Windows apps will be able to run under Android.  

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

• 3 months later...
On 10/21/2021 at 8:44 AM, markilu said:

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 11 yet? I just got the notification that the upgrade is ready but not sure if I will have any problems with affinity...

My question exactly. I also received notice that Windows 11 is available but I certainly will NOT upgrade if it breaks or slows my Affinity apps. Windows 11 looks very nice (much like mac, which I miss) but I'll stay away in order to keep system running quick & smooth. Waiting and watching.

6 hours ago, markilu said:

Meh, at least for me, there's not too much change (besides the visuals)

But one welcome change, at least, File Explorer and Photos now seem to be color managed. I have it on Surface Pro 7 and no compatibility problems with Affinity apps so far.