You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer on Windows 10 64 Bit Problem

Hi guys, 

I had Affinity Designer on my old laptop (Windows 7) since 2018. Now I bought a new laptop (Windows 10) because my old one is dead. I succesfully installed first version of AD on my new laptop but, when I tried to update it with the latest version of Affinity Designer I've received message that it can't be done because application is not compatible with 64 Bit system. I also purchased another license and downloaded Affinity but, same problem. Can anybody help me? 

Thank you! 

My first suggestion would be to verify that the download worked correctly.

1. Right-click on the installer .exe file and choose Properties.
  2. Click on the Digital Signatures tab at the top of the Properties dialog, and then click on each of the entries and click on Details.
    image.png.96e891b4d8ef4a92ca89333018dbc72b.png

If you do not have the Digital Signatures tab, or if either signature does show up as "OK" in the details, your downloaded file is corrupted. You will need to try downloading again, possibly using a different browser or PC.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

12 hours ago, AmerKaricDesign said:

I've received message that it can't be done because application is not compatible with 64 Bit system.

It’s worth noting that the Affinity applications are only 64-bit and so they are designed to work only on 64-bit systems.
If you provide a screen-shot of the message you get it might help with problem diagnosis.

19 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

My first suggestion would be to verify that the download worked correctly.

1. Right-click on the installer .exe file and choose Properties.
  2. Click on the Digital Signatures tab at the top of the Properties dialog, and then click on each of the entries and click on Details.
    image.png.96e891b4d8ef4a92ca89333018dbc72b.png

If you do not have the Digital Signatures tab, or if either signature does show up as "OK" in the details, your downloaded file is corrupted. You will need to try downloading again, possibly using a different browser or PC.

Just tried this. Everything is alright with Digital Signature but, still the same problem. 

This message pops up on my screen:

"Setup cannot proceed for the following reasons: *Supported Windows version not found." 

3 minutes ago, AmerKaricDesign said:

"Setup cannot proceed for the follow ing reasons: *Supported Windows version not found." 

Try this: Click Start, then type "About" (without the " marks) and select the "About Your PC" entry. Give us a screenshot of that info.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1