You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Imported AD embedded/linked file showing as pixelated

Hi,

I was just playing around with the import/open file speed So I opened the 'massive' Camouflage III AD file (lots of linking/embedding) used in this thread ([1.9.2.1035] File corrupt warning box on file change)

it opens really fast but is pixelated even though it is all vector.(aware image created of linked file!) I can recover the quality of the layered files by either zooming and/or opening/editing the file from layer panel. (do you still have the files?) but it is not 100%

I have added some screen shots below

In AD after the image of linked file/s created seemed to be better quality
Also only updated the layer with the link file selected!

Initial open file

C3_pixelated.jpg

Zoom in

Zoomed.jpg

After Zoom

after zoom.jpg

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.5 2.2402
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

• Staff

Hi @StuartRc,

I have the file you are opening (and linked file). It seems to open OK for me here and has no pixellation, if I zoom it's pixelated whilst zooming around and then is clear when i'm done which I would expect.

Can I just check if the files are all stored locally for you? Do you find the behavior better if you embed?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

2 hours ago, Jon P said:

Hi @StuartRc,

I have the file you are opening (and linked file). It seems to open OK for me here and has no pixellation, if I zoom it's pixelated whilst zooming around and then is clear when i'm done which I would expect.

Can I just check if the files are all stored locally for you? Do you find the behavior better if you embed?

Thanks

Hi Jon

That's good to know:)!

I just checked all the links locally....they seem to be OK.. Resources not showing any issues. They are just contained in a sub-folder. I had to rename them/simplify for Mac

I opened the original file in AD and AD beta. In the Beta version I don't get a clear image until I zoom. Opening the file in Publisher (convert to artboard).Opens ok but It is pixelated until I zoom or open/edit one of the linked files... You can see this on the after zoom image The left tree is clear where I have zoomed in, the Right Tree stays pixelated!...until I edit that one(They are separate layers/files)..Strangely If I close and reopen the file I get a cleaner preview image!

In previous drawings I used embedded all the time (works well).. .but for this one I opted to link the layered files (AD). instead The image generation from the file works fine but I was getting some strange results with alert boxes and crashing!. 

I will try some other drawings see if there is a difference

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.5 2.2402
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.