You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with rounded objects when changing dimensions or actual zoom size on Documents Settings

Hi

I have several rounded objects on a file that is 3840×2160px

If I change this to 2560×1440, all the rounded objects in the design get squared, buttons, switch sliders, etc.

Same happens if I change on document settings from  iPad retina to Default in the list for "Actual Size Zoom."

Also, once I click Ok  on the dialog Affinity crashes time and again. 

I have a video, but being client work, I prefer to not post it here, in case it helped.

Any help to avoid this?

Thanks

Would it be possible to make all the layers, except some which exhibit the behaviour, invisible and then give us two screenshots – one before and one after – which show the problem? Have the rulers switched on if possible.
If not, can you give us a partial-screenshot showing the Context Toolbar when you have one of those layers selected and maybe the Document Setup dialog just before you click OK?

Hi Garry,

Thanks for your answer.

Let's see if this helps... basically, rounded objects get squared when I do those actions and then it all crashes.

I don't necessarily need to have anything selected. I just open the Document Settings dialog to change the dimensions or the actual zoom size and it does this, and then, crashes. 

Thanks again

I would say this was a bug, unless anyone can explain why it should be happening.
The problem seems to be with rectangles where the corner size is absolute, rather than relative. (I haven't checked whether this also applies to corners added using the Corner Tool.)
See my attached video where the right-hand rectangle ‘goes wrong’ while the one of the left stays as I would expect.
Note: This only seems to happen when “Rescale” is used when resizing the document, as opposed to “Anchor To Page”.

Thanks very much for the video and help GarryP. ❤️

I should make a post with all the strange behaviours I find on my way when designing UI's... This is just one of them... but lacking time to record and report makes it harder. So I appreciate a lot your kind help. 

Cheers

PS - did yours also crash? Mine crashes every time after this.

4 minutes ago, IsabelAracama said:

Mine crases right after it... touching nothing.

Have you tried the simple sample document attached in my last post?
If your machine crashes with that then it might not be your document at fault.
(I did some ‘general messing around’ for a few minutes with it after a resize and haven’t got a crash yet.)

7 minutes ago, PixelPest said:

It seems to happen with objects set to "Absolut sizes" only.

I did a very quick check by adding a Cog, then converting to curves, then adding corners with the Corner Tool (which only uses absolute sizing) and then resizing the document, and things look okay. So maybe it’s just rounded rectangles with absolute corner sizes, perhaps?

18 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Have you tried the simple sample document attached in my last post?
If your machine crashes with that then it might not be your document at fault.
(I did some ‘general messing around’ for a few minutes with it after a resize and haven’t got a crash yet.)

Yeah it's my file. Why it crashes, I don't know.