You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature Request and/or Ideas | Production Artists

Most of my requests are for Production Artists. I'd like to make a full move to Affinity but at this point i cannot be 100% efficient in production work. I know scripting might not be a thing today but maybe these things can be standard in upcoming versions?

1. Close All Open Tabs: Please dont make us do this one by one. 

2. Export/Save (all) Open Tabs As: Affinity Photo, || Tiff, PSD and so on.... 

3. Export Options: Add export (all) pixel layers in a group. If sed group had adjustments, then that will be applied to each pixel layer upon export. Example: Where export has "whole document, selection area..." add export group contents (or something like that) and all pixel layers are saved out separately via tiff, psd or whatever ext you want. 

4. Let us record w/less restrictions. Let us record making a group from a full selection, record layer colors, export options, and functions like ctrl+[] or cmd ~ to next tab, close. You get my point. Production artists don't have time to save one thing out at a time. I process 100's of images a day. 

5. New Pattern Layer to Selection: (it's good for patterns from scratch) not good if customer supplied art and you have to make a pattern from their crappy art. It'll be more dynamic if we can isolate the source image in live view, line it up, then back out to skew and rotate everything at once. Right now, everything rotates and no means to line this up. Unless I incrementally rotate it, put it in  New Pattern Layer to Selection to check it, back out and do it again till its right. Meh. As reference: Photoshops Pattern View. You can see what the pattern will look like. But if you transform the source image, you can rotate, skew and line things up whilst seeing how the pattern looks in live view. 

480831350_2021-06-2313_46_56.png.1348b94e4dee227e491f7ca93bec584e.png

6. Curve adjustments (or any adjustment): Some indication where the lights and darks reside. Perhaps even the little circle things show one black and one white to give us a clue. it flips w/CYMK and RGB and if you are processing art, it can get super confusing if you forget what profile you are on. its minor, but it helps.

7. My favorite BLEND MODES: Presets for blend modes. I use blend mode religiously. I'd like to save "only mids" or "no lights" as presets instead of building it out every time for each adjustment. 

8. Document Size & Canvas Size: Ability to upsize or downsize by %. Not all my images are the same size and i need to upsize by a % number. This is super important for recording in a macro! I can't do either lol. 

9. Macros: This might be the version of mac i'm on ~ but if it's not ~ My macros doesn't execute everytime upon pushing the button in my Library.  I have to switch between my pan tool and my move tool until the macro decides to work. Perhaps some indication im doing something wrong? im not sure if when i recorded my macros if the pan tool or move tool is significant. Because Once i use my move tool it defaults back to pan and i have to grab my move tool again, and i probably do this recording lol. *shrugs on this one*

Edited by Chieri

~ ScotchBonn8

Feature Requests & Suggestions

Discussions about features that you think will make Affinity even better. Any suggestions about the software go in these forums

Suggestions, Discussions & Ideas

If you have any suggestions about how to make our apps better, please post them here. We read every idea which is posted, and in fact since launching Affinity we have added 100s of new features and improvements based on customer feedback

Just a few things to bear in mind:

• Please search first, it may well be that you have a suggestion that others also want. If so add your feelings to their thread.
  • If you cannot find your idea, make a new post. Try to keep your post as concise as possible, and for the title of your post to describe the request as best you can.
  • Please just do one suggestion per thread. If your post title is “Here’s a few ideas to improve Affinity Publisher” you’ll be asked to split them up.
  • Please understand we can’t possibly do everything which is requested, but we try to make the best calls we can in terms of prioritising our work. Constantly nagging or being overly ranty that we haven’t implemented one of your suggestions will not help your cause, and such posts will be deleted.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

I understand. I couldn't find where to post this initially and didn't know there were rules regarding posts. This is literally my first post ever. 

I wasn't ranting or nagging, though. "Designers" are demanding and can be babies, luckily im a production artist lol. Honestly, These are legitimate Ideas (unknowingly redundant or not). It's difficult for most of us to know what Affinity's mission is. Who your core base is and who you lean towards most. There might be ideas we offer that you may never consider, which would be nice to have insight on.  I wanted to introduce the Production Side of processing photos in the event affinity didn't consider us your base. Which we def could be :)  We are all trying to get out of the adobe subscription. lol. 

If i have any further ideas, ill be sure to post in the right place and comply to the above. 

~ ScotchBonn8