You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export PNG with bleed (All Pages)

Hi,

In attempt to export PNGs (All Pages) for my project, the "include bleed" option is grayed out.

image.png.01e0565361b481a090ee8fd680722a19.png

Is this by design, or a bug?

Publisher allows bleed to be included when selecting "All Spreads", or when using TIFF - but for this project I need PNG.

Thanks.

• Staff

Hi @sdn,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

4 hours ago, sdn said:

In attempt to export PNGs (All Pages) for my project, the "include bleed" option is grayed out.

Is this by design, or a bug?

I can confirm that this is a bug in the current retail version of Publisher - however this has already been fixed in our latest beta version!

I believe you are using Windows, so please find a link to the latest Windows beta below -

This can be installed alongside your retail version, so that you have 2 different versions of the app installed at the same time. Please make a copy of any existing documents before opening them in the beta, as once you have saved an .afpub file in the beta, you will be unable to open it in the retail version.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

5 hours ago, Dan C said:

I can confirm that this is a bug in the current retail version of Publisher...

Does this apply only to the Windows version?

I ask because it seems to be working for me in the Mac 1.9.3 retail version of APub.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
18 hours ago, R C-R said:

Does this apply only to the Windows version?

I ask because it seems to be working for me in the Mac 1.9.3 retail version of APub.

Apologies I could have been clearer! That's correct, the issue is only present in the current Windows retail build (1.9.2) - thanks for checking :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @RenWaller,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I can confirm I have created a multi-page document with bleed within Affinity Publisher macOS and when exporting to PNG with All Pages selected, I am able to enable the Include Bleed option in the More... dialog.

Can you please provide a screenshot or screen recording showing this issue for me? Do you have Bleed enabled within your document?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with PDF. When choosing the "ready for printing" preset, the bleed checkbox is checked (even if greyed out) but in the advanced menu it is unchecked and still greyed out, so as soon as I make a change in the settings, the bleed is disabled. My bleed guides are then printed outside the bleed, it's a bit useless :)

Affinity Photo fo Windows 1.10.4.1198

image.png.fc5eec3f9ee9934b2c09e06ae42405e9.png

• Staff
On 1/4/2022 at 11:42 AM, Kodiakkb said:

I'm having the same issue with PDF. When choosing the "ready for printing" preset, the bleed checkbox is checked (even if greyed out) but in the advanced menu it is unchecked and still greyed out

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! This usually happens when your Affinity document doesn't have bleed setup - which 'greys out' the Bleed option in the Export dialog.

I've tested this here and I was able to see this behaviour with no bleed in my document, then I enabled bleed and returned to the export dialog, where this could be reselected.

If possible, can you please provide a screenshot of your 'Document Setup' dialog, with the Bleed values showing?
Alternatively, you can upload a copy of the .afphoto file itself here and I will investigate further :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

5 hours ago, Dan C said:

If possible, can you please provide a screenshot of your 'Document Setup' dialog, with the Bleed values showing?
Alternatively, you can upload a copy of the .afphoto file itself here and I will investigate further :)

I don't know where to find "document setup", I set the bleed values in the bleed dialog (under "Document", just after "resize canvas"). 

image.png.5a471c28e8bea4c70f9b56717bae0e0e.png

I attached a .afphoto. My goal is to have a PDF with both bleed and cut guides.

troubleshooting.afphoto

• Staff
17 hours ago, Kodiakkb said:

I set the bleed values in the bleed dialog (under "Document", just after "resize canvas")

Thanks for confirming that for me, the value you're setting here is the Printer Margins, which are placed within the page area, unlike Bleed which is added around the page area.

Unfortunately within Affinity Photo directly, there is no option to set a bleed value - however this is possible in both Affinity Designer / Publisher.

Using the file provided, I have removed the Printer Margins, then editing the document in Affinity Designer, I added 3mm of bleed around the full document.

Please find this edited file attached, although there is no control within Affinity Photo, you will find when exporting to PDF the Bleed will now be included, as expected.

If you do happen to own either Designer / Publisher already, please let me know and I will be happy to walk you through the steps above, so that you can do this yourself as required.

troubleshooting_bleed.afphoto

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

Many thanks!