You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Starting to use a Wacom One graphics tablet

I have had a look and there is something peculiar.

Whereas the box said it had, and the box did have, a graphics tablet, a pen, a cable to connect the graphics tablet to a USB port of the computer, and a small bag with extra tips and a cylinder-like tool - the manual ists a power supply and seems to indicate a need to plug in to the mains.

I used it to draw. I cannot remember whether the computer was plugged in or on battery power. I think it may have been on battery power.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

57 minutes ago, William Overington said:

Whereas the box said it had, and the box did have, a graphics tablet, a pen, a cable to connect the graphics tablet to a USB port of the computer, and a small bag with extra tips and a cylinder-like tool - the manual ists a power supply and seems to indicate a need to plug in to the mains.

From the page on Wacom's site (emphasis mine).

*Some PC and Mac devices require a multiport adapter with HDMI and USB-A

I would think that there are very few set ups that require the multipart adapter.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, William Overington said:

there is something peculiar.

I noticed months ago various "peculiar" spots in their website, like ambiguous product info and confused product features within a certain manual.

Instead of going deeper in the Affinity forum into the Wacom website and their communication quality you might better contact Wacom directly to get things cleared, with the advantage they (Wacom, not Affinity) will get pointed to some of their marketing issues. The Affinity forum can rather only guess or speculate, like gossiping at a Tupperware party.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

1 hour ago, thomaso said:

The Affinity forum can rather only guess or speculate, like gossiping at a Tupperware party.

Well it is not gossiping at all.

https://www.lexico.com/definition/gossip

I was just asking here because there are a number of people using Wacom graphics tablets of one sort or another so I sought advice from those people in the usual discussion manner of the forum.

Do you have any evidence of gossiping happening at a Tupperware party.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.