You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Behaviour of fields when editing with the mouse.

Bonjour à tous,
Lorsque je modifie la valeur des champs supérieurs avec la molette de la souris dans le panneau paragraphe (retrait à gauche | Retrait à droite), le champ inférieur se modifie également. Normal ?

Hello everyone,
When I change the value of the lower fields with the mouse wheel in the paragraph panel (indent 1st line or negative indent last line), the upper field also changes. That's normal?

Video attached. Done with version 1.10.0.1085. Windows 19042.1052.

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

Bonjour uneMule,  je ne parle pas la francais!

Watching your video shows that when you alter the top value, the lower one also alters, but when you change the lower one the top one does NOT.  This is to be expected as the top value alters the indent for the WHOLE paragraph whilst the lower one alters only the indent for the FIRST line.  This is best shown when your paragraph has more than ONE character (see my video).   Hope that his has helped you. 

Au revoir

Edited by PMan
submitted incorrect video so now removed it

8 minutes ago, PMan said:

I attached wrong video

Hint: You can edit your post, remove the attachment and upload a new one. No need to write another comment.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

5 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

Hint: You can edit your post, remove the attachment and upload a new one. No need to write another comment.

Thanks, Joachim_L,  though at the time of writing I realised my error as soon as I'd pressed 'Submit Reply' and could not see any way to edit it so thought best way was to attach correct file

@PMan

Bonjour,
Je ne suis plus vraiment étonné maintenant !
Mais, c'est un peu inhabituel de voir la valeur de marge d'un paragraphe bouger en même temps que l'alinéa.
Si c'est normal, je le prend comme tel.
Et pas de problème pour la traduction, DeepL est là.

Hello,
I'm not really surprised anymore!
But, it is a bit unusual to see the margin value of paragraph moving at the same time as the indent.
If it's normal, I take it as normal.
And no problem for the translation, DeepL is there.

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000

Hello uneMule and everyone

Hopefully this may help clarify for others why it is normal.

Indent values.afpub  and a video to explain it as it happens

Bonjour uneMule et à tous

Espérons que cela puisse aider à clarifier pour les autres pourquoi c'est normal.

Acer Aspire E51 AMD Radeon E1-7010 processor with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics, Windows 10 Home Version 20H2,  12GB RAM.  
Affinity Designer 1.9.2.1035, Photo 1.9.2.1035, Publisher 1.9.2.1035 
Affinity Designer Beta 1.10.0.1085, Photo Beta 1.10.0.1085, Publisher  Beta 1.10.0.1098

• 3 months later...

@PMan

Non je ne suis pas mort, j'ai juste loupé ce message. Merci.

No I'm not dead, I just missed this message. Thank you.

Toujours pas !

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.