You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issue in Develop Persona Beta - 1.10.0.1085

Sometimes when i work in Develop Persona, it happens that that the image "splits" to tiles like in the Screenshot and then it is impossible to edit the image further. Sometimes it splits to tiles like in the Screenshot, sometimes it changes to diagonal, colored stripes. It doesn´t matter if i switch open CL on or off. And it´s not every time, only sometimes. Most times it happens when i edit more images one by one.
It is annoying when something like this happens during editing because the only option is to close the app and restart it. Closing and reopening the image results in the image immediately opening in strips or tiles (as in the screenshot). Ok, the Beta is not suitable for production use, but it´s the only way to test it and to find bugs 😉
This Behavior is only in the beta Version. With the current Version it never had this.
I provide the NEF file if it is needed.

My Graphic Card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 with 6 GB. As Driver is use the Studio Driver and this is up to date.

1105917731_ScreenShot001.thumb.JPG.04edd539cbccc5825b96dd7939306dac.JPG

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

3 hours ago, Uwe367 said:

As Driver is use the Studio Driver and this is up to date.

An actual version number would be better. "Up to date" can change at any time.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 hours ago, Chris B said:

Thanks. Can you let me know once you have done it please? Dropbox doesn't notify me.

@Chris B
Yes of course. File is uploaded.

Driver is Nvidia Studio Driver, Version 462.59 from 11.05.2021.
If i search for a newer Version, Geforce Experience displays that i use the newest Version.
Maybe it is because of the last Windows Update. I use Win 10 Home, Versin 21H1 System Build 19043.1055.

I never had this before and there are no specific steps needed. So i can´t explain how to reproduce it. It happens quite suddenly and unexpectedly.
I'll keep watching this behavior and if I find a possybility to reproduce it I'll be happy to post it here.

Have a nice day.

• Staff

I've just been trying for 10 minutes and didn't get it once.

I toggled OpenCL on/off, tried it with minimal resources (RAM and disk space), changed some settings in the Assitant options etc.

To me, it screams OpenCL but if you've tried it without then it can't be...

Note that your NVIDIA Studio driver is out of date as that driver was released on April 14, the current version is 471.11

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

4 minutes ago, AiDon said:

Note that your NVIDIA Studio driver is out of date as that driver was released on April 14, the current version is 471.11

Do the same drivers apply to all the different GPUs? I'm curious, given that GeForce Experience said that @Uwe367 is up-to-date.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

15 hours ago, AiDon said:

Today, half an hour ago, Experience displayed that a new Driver is avaiable. It´s 471.11 from the 23.06.2021.
I installed it and now i must look what happens. I´m sorry, but at the time, when i posted the bug 462.59 from 11.05.2021 was the newest Driver.

15 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Do the same drivers apply to all the different GPUs? I'm curious, given that GeForce Experience said that @Uwe367 is up-to-date.

I´m curious too about Experience.....

Have a nice day.

On 6/25/2021 at 10:38 AM, Chris B said:

I've just been trying for 10 minutes and didn't get it once.

I toggled OpenCL on/off, tried it with minimal resources (RAM and disk space), changed some settings in the Assitant options etc.

To me, it screams OpenCL but if you've tried it without then it can't be...

I tested it with and without Open CL because i also thougt that it depends on it, but on my system it doesn´t matter. Maybe it works now with the new driver. I have a look to it.

Have a nice day.

23 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Not to all GPUs as even though the version is the same the drivers are customized for each GPU in a product series. For example, in my case, I download drivers specific to my GPU which is the GeForce Product Series: GeForce 10 Series (Notebooks), Product: GeForce GTX 1050.

But, in some cases, different products in a series can have the same installer.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

• 2 weeks later...

Now i could catch the behavior on a video. It´s with the last Beta 1.10.0.1104. Maybe this helps to find out from where this Behavior comes. It can happen every time if i edit an image. This time i tried to reproduce it and it worked.
And yes, i use the newest Nvidia Geforce Studio Driver 😉

Have a nice day.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.