You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

still cant export images

Using mac OS X El Capitan with Affinity Photo new beta version and still can not export images to PNG format to my desktop without the wheel of death and computer software freeze. whats the issue the same thing happened with the regular Affinity photo software getting tired of  this cant effectively export anything except to save it in affinity format

Not seeing this at all, so it can't be a fault intrinsic to AP or APB.  

Could you provide more information please.   For example you say you can't export anything "except to save it in affinity format", which is very strange since that is not one of the formats available from File > Export in Photo persona or from the presets window when in Export persona.  Are you really "exporting" or are you using "Save as" - this will not do what you want, you need to use one of the Export options.

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

• Staff

Hi Edoss,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The File, Save (if you're saving the document for the first time) and Save As commands only save in the .afphoto format (Affinity native format).

To export the file in non-native formats (JPG, PNG, PSD etc) you must use File ▸ Export instead.

If you still have trouble doing this, can you attach one of the .afphoto files (or post a dropbox link) that you can't export/freeze the computer so we can take a look?

Thanks.

Edoss

A supplement to MEB's post:  

Firstly, what he says also applies if you use the Export persona rather than File > Export.  

Also, you don't say anything about how you are using APB, but if you are calling it as an external editor (for example from Aperture or Capture One), when you are finished editing, using File > Save or CMD S will complete the round trip and return the edited image in the same format that it was sent to AP (this is usually TIFF or jpeg, but is set in the originating program).

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to billtils - CMD S was the missing link for my workflow: Now all the changes I made in Affinity are instantly saved to a TIF already present in Capture One - in my case no need for PS anymore!  :)

Regards, 

Oliver

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.