You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash with search replace. Literal or regular expression

Bonjour à tous,
Lorsque je lance une recherche sur le mot "maison", Publisher affiche les premières occurrences sélectionnées, mais lorsque je clique vers le centre de la liste ou vers la fin, l'application plante.
J'ai créé un nouveau fichier, même résultat.
Reproductible à l'infini.
Publisher 1.10.0.1085. Windows 10 19042.1052.

Hello everyone,
When I launch a search on the word "house", Publisher displays the first selected hits, but when I click towards the center of the list or towards the end, the application crashes.
I created a new file, same result.
Infinitely reproducible.
Publisher 1.10.0.1085. Windows 10 19042.1052.

Capture d’écran (29).png

Capture d’écran (30).png

Capture d’écran (31).png

maison_2.afpub

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

54 minutes ago, uneMule said:

Publisher 1.10.0.1085

Problems on the Beta versions are supposed to be reported in the Beta forums, unless they also occur in the retail release.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

13 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

in the Beta forums

bonsoir @walt.farrell
je viens de vérifier. Avec la 1.9.2.1035 ça fonctionne.
Possible de déplacer le sujet ?

Good evening @walt.farrell
I just checked. With the 1.9.2.1035 it works.
Is it possible to move the subject?

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000

3 minutes ago, uneMule said:

bonsoir @walt.farrell
je viens de vérifier. Avec la 1.9.2.1035 ça fonctionne.
Possible de déplacer le sujet ?

Good evening @walt.farrell
I just checked. With the 1.9.2.1035 it works.
Is it possible to move the subject?

A Moderator can move it, and will when they see it's in the wrong place

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@walt.farrell

Thank you. Not all the reflexes yet.
Good night.

Toujours pas !

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pauls said:

I've not been able to recreate this in later betas

Bonsoir, pas moi. Y compris avec la dernière version. LA 1085 c'était pareil.

Good evening, not me. Even with the last version. The 1085 was the same.

Toujours pas !

That's strange. I had this bug in the Bêta in a 1st test.

In a second test, I decided to take screenshot before clicking on a result line. I don't know if it was the time parameter, but  this way, it was slower, and I was able to go to the end of the file.

So I stoped the screenshots and click "up" toward the beginning, without problem.

Once at the beginning, I went down again, and this time APub quits again.

====

C'est étrange, j'ai eu ce bug dans la Bêta dans un premier test.

Dans un second, j'ai pris des captures d'écran avant de cliquer sur les lignes, et j'ai atteins la fin du document sans problème. Est-ce parce que c'était fait plus lentement ?

Du coup, j'ai continué en remontant le document, sans les captures, et sans bug.

Revenue au début du document, j'ai re-cliqué au hasard en descendant, et ça a encore bugué.

@Wosven

Bonsoir(re) .En fait le rechercher/remplacer plante dès que la liste d'occurrences est importante (à partir de combien ?) et quelque soit le fichier, mais dans les versions bêta uniquement.
J'ai ouvert un sujet avec un fichier très important, le résultat est le même avec ce fichier bien plus long. Ça plante dans la bêta, pas dans la version détail.

In fact the search/replace crashe as soon as the instances list is important (how much?) and regardless of the file, but only in the beta versions.
I opened a topic with a very large file, the result is the same with this longer file. It crashes in the beta, not in the retail version.

dictionnaire_test_MasterPage.afpub

Toujours pas !

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.