You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange Crash While Working with Text

nwhit

I was working with some text in a small banner ad when Photo 1.9.3 crashed. The odd thing is that with the crash it opened Terminal and created the following:

TRAC-xxxxxxxxxx$ /Applications/Affinity\ Photo.app/Contents/MacOS/Affinity\ Photo ; exit;

2021-06-17 13:35:04.816 Affinity Photo[2599:98660] CoreText note: Client requested name ".SFNS-RegularItalic", it will get Times-Roman rather than the intended font. All system UI font access should be through proper APIs such as CTFontCreateUIFontForLanguage() or +[NSFont systemFontOfSize:].

2021-06-17 13:35:04.816 Affinity Photo[2599:98660] CoreText note: Set a breakpoint on CTFontLogSystemFontNameRequest to debug.

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...58 completed.

[Process completed]

----------------------

Never seen anything like this before! Hopefully that Terminal session hasn't messed with anything. Crash report attached.

Affinity Photo_2021-06-17-133455_TRAC-Main20.crash

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

We haven't seen that terminal thing before and the crash reports suggests an undo operation? Does that ring a bell? 

Do you have any debugging software installed at all?

Yes, in fact it did crash when I did a CMD-Z while editing some text. And, no, not aware of any debugging software installed. I've never seen this type of crash myself on any software in Mac history! I was quite surprised to see Terminal open and that it had run something.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

• 4 weeks later...

Chris, yes, this was a one-off. My concern is what did that Terminal session do? The nature of the commands are beyond my knowledge in Terminal, so was hoping you guys might understand what it was doing and if anything "bad" happened as a result. Just seems strange/suspicious that a crash in Photo would initiate a Terminal session of any kind! Thanks.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022