You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity does not remember plugin license key

I have a StarShrink plugin for photoshop from RC-Astro that is working fine with Affinity Photo. However I have to enter the license key every time I use it. How does one get Affinity to remember the license key? I'm using macOS Big Sur (11.4) and Affinity Photo 1.9.3

37 minutes ago, k5astro said:

How does one get Affinity to remember the license key? I'm using macOS Big Sur (11.4) and Affinity Photo 1.9.3

Hi and welcome to the forums @k5astro,

One thing springs to mind, do you Affinity Photo in the Mac OS Applications folder or have you placed it somewhere else? Are you running it from a hard drive that is not the OS hard drive?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 minute ago, k5astro said:

I purchased it on the app store and it auto installed. It’s installation should be 100%

By the "app store" do you mean the Mac App Store? There should be no request for a key, That is from the Serif/Affinity version from their website. Are you maybe somehow running the Beta? That would maybe ask for a key. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

@k5astro

Is this "missing" licence key the one for StarShrink or the one for Affinity Photo?  I assumed it was for StarShrink but it seems that @Old Bruce believes you are asking about the licence key for APh?

If you are asking about the key for StarShrink being "missing", I suspect this is due to some "problem" with its installation, and perhaps nothing to do with Affinity?

I don't have this particular plugin but I do have quite a number of other "licensed" ones and have never experienced this problem of being asked to enter the licence key on each opening of any of those plugs.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Hi @emmrecs01,  yes the key request is for the plugin, not Affinity itself. I'll try removing Affinity and re-installing and re-adding the plugin - there doesn't seem to be any requirement other than adding the plugin to Affinity's default plugin folder. Thanks for your help!

2 hours ago, emmrecs01 said:

@k5astro

Is this "missing" licence key the one for StarShrink or the one for Affinity Photo?  I assumed it was for StarShrink but it seems that @Old Bruce believes you are asking about the licence key for APh?

If you are asking about the key for StarShrink being "missing", I suspect this is due to some "problem" with its installation, and perhaps nothing to do with Affinity?

I don't have this particular plugin but I do have quite a number of other "licensed" ones and have never experienced this problem of being asked to enter the licence key on each opening of any of those plugs.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, do you authorize global in the preferences ? Do you put your plugins in the default folder?

@k5astro

Apologies for the delay in replying!

I think the "Authorize Global" is a setting specific to Mac OS?  Certainly, I don't see it on Windows so really can't advise whether it should or should not be active.  Hopefully a Mac user will see your question and be able to help.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

1 hour ago, emmrecs01 said:

@k5astro

Apologies for the delay in replying!

I think the "Authorize Global" is a setting specific to Mac OS?  Certainly, I don't see it on Windows so really can't advise whether it should or should not be active.  Hopefully a Mac user will see your question and be able to help.

Jeff

Ah I see your system specs now. Yeah, its probably some kind of permission problem with the Mac. There's a lot of security now and apps have to be granted permission for access to devices and files. However, I've read that others have a similar problem with this particular plugin (StarShrink) and Affinity 😒