Photo - Nature & biodiversity & fun

Pattou

Your perseverance in trying to post your images is much appreciated Patrick!
I will now take a moment or two and lose myself in these new ones…

macOS 10.15.7  |  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Pattou said:

Most of time, I can not post nor upload and I get "upload failed - Error -200"... no idea how to solve this issue. This time I use another browser.

Sorry to hear Patrick!
We're aware of an issue and we're working to resolve it, FWIW I've had more luck using non-chromium based browsers currently, but there seems to be no real consistency as to the cause yet. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

@Pattou  The purple orchids are breathtaking!  What a spectacular photograph, Patrick!  Thank you so much for persevering!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Big Sur v. 11.7.  Affinity Photo 1.10.5, Affinity Publisher 1.10.5, Affinity Designer 1.10.5
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Big Sur v. 11.7.  Affinity Publisher 1.10.5, Affinity Photo 1.10.5, Affinity Designer 1.10.5
21.5 iMAC Retina 4K display MacOS High Sierra v. 10.13.6.  Memory 8 GB, 1TB Fusion Drive: Affinity Publisher 1.8.4, Affinity Photo 1.8.4, Affinity Designer 1.8.4
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 15.6); Apple pencil.  Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Thank you Jennifer. I'm glad you like these pictures, it encourages me to continue here on this forum ūüôā¬†Here is an orchid picture that I think I have already shown before but I re-edited in ver. 1.10 (I try to finalize some of them to enter a photo contest just for fun).

I like the composition (they are like small creatures looking around...).

And another one for composition too (of course, not an orchid)

F4.JPG

F3.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Pattou said:

I wish you a Merry Christmas (& covid-safe of course). Hope to read you next year...

And the same to you too!
Can’t wait to see what delights you have for us all next year Patrick!

macOS 10.15.7  |  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

@Pattou 

‚ÄėTwas the night before Christmas
And out in the dark
No creature was stirring.
No lark in the bark . . .

Your ‚Äútrees‚ÄĚ are beautiful, Patrick. ¬†Joyeux No√ęl to you and yours!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Big Sur v. 11.7.  Affinity Photo 1.10.5, Affinity Publisher 1.10.5, Affinity Designer 1.10.5
,  Big Sur v. 11.7.  Affinity Publisher 1.10.5, Affinity Photo 1.10.5, Affinity Designer 1.10.5
21.5 iMAC Retina 4K display MacOS High Sierra v. 10.13.6.  Memory 8 GB, 1TB Fusion Drive: Affinity Publisher 1.8.4, Affinity Photo 1.8.4, Affinity Designer 1.8.4
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 15.6); Apple pencil.  Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• 2 weeks later...

@Pattou  The butterflies (moths?) are spectacular!  I especially like the black and white one.  Thank you, Patrick, for the elegant photographs, and Happy New Year!!

• 4 weeks later...

@Pattou  Lovely.  So quiet.  So elegant.  So pure.  Thank you!

Hi,

I am Mister Spike THORN! I have been cleaned, dodged & burned at some places, weirdly edited, and finally transformed in B&W to highlight my overall shape and texture. I might not be very attractive here at Serif forum but hope you‚Äôll find me a little pretty ūüėāūüėĀ

Have a nice day,

Spike

FSf.JPG

FSf'.JPG

Dear Mister Spike,

Color is vastly over-rated if your portrait taken by @Pattou is any example.  Nuance is everything!

Sincerely,
Jennifer 

I don't often photograph mushrooms but I saw this tiny thing in a shadowy forest (APh 1.10 retail).

I started to prepare a series of photographs to organize a portfolio (first a set of projects - Behance not to mention). I hope to be ready next week. If you want to follow my images, just check there from time to time.

@Dan CI'm still having problems posting here and I often have to (had to) test several browsers... just to let you know.

MushSrfF.JPG

• Moderators

Firstly I'd just like to say, amazing work as always! :D

16 hours ago, Pattou said:

@Dan CI'm still having problems posting here and I often have to (had to) test several browsers... just to let you know.

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. Our team are aware of a few issues with uploading content and downloading certain video file formats from the forums currently, and as I understand it the next update here should hopefully resolve this.

I've informed our web team that users and staff members alike are awaiting this update, as it can make supporting issues more complicated for our team currently and we hope to proceed with this shortly - though we have no timescale I can provide at this time.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

A few months ago, I was asked to make a poster for an event and I used APublisher for such a simple job requiring only a standard colour profile. Here is what I had proposed as images in less finalized because not including the right logos, the real titles, date etc. ... of course.

Here, these are very simplified versions but I thought you might be interested (which one do you prefer?)

P1.JPG

P2.JPG

P3.JPG

P4.JPG

@Pattou  How wonderful to see you here again!  Hope you have been busy and well.  The colours of the first two options are nice -- perhaps the second option is brighter -- but since the title is "fascinating and intriguing" what could be more intriguing than a very prickly cactus with a path with arrows around it?  Is the cactus going somewhere?  Who is to go around the cactus?  Why?  Je suis très intriguée!

Yes, great to see you posting something here again PatrickūüėÄ
For me, either of the first two images would get me wanting to attend such an event!
Just love your work!ūüėé