Photo - Nature & biodiversity & fun

Pattou

@Dan C Thanks Dan 😊 Fine for the folder but I don't understand why the original contents of this folder matter since the issues/lag occur while using APhoto. Are there any temporary files stored there? And if there are, where are they so that they can be deleted and AP can be used again? Could it be due to the synchronization with your server of the acquired resources (brushes, assets, etc.)?

• Moderators
On 8/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, Pattou said:

Are there any temporary files stored there?

Yes, the 'temp' & 'autosave' folder will have temporary / auto-saved files within, which have on very specific occasions caused issues for certain users.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, Pattou said:

Could it be due to the synchronization with your server of the acquired resources (brushes, assets, etc.)?

I don't believe this will have been causing slowdowns, as it's not something we've had reported nor can I replicate here. As I understand it, this synchronising system only access the Affinity store when downloading content, otherwise it works similar to 'Push Notifications', where the app only access the Affinity Store to download when new content is available (if you have this option checked). 

To be sure, I am asking our internal IT team to check your Affinity Account with the content syncing API we use, to see if there was an 'unusual' activity that may have caused issues. I'll be sure to update you shortly when I'm given more info here!

I suspect it's most likely due to either a rouge setting you may had changed unknowingly in the apps, or perhaps an incorrectly cached custom brush or colour palette.

Once quick way to check this is to copy the contents of the 'User' folder from the '1.0(Old)' folder, to the new 1.0 folder. Once you have copied and pasted these files, you should find the Affinity app has the brushes/assets/styles etc that were available pre-reset. (note this will replace any custom brushes etc you have made since the last reset)

Do you find the app begins slowing down once again now these are back installed/in use? :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Dan CThanks Dan. I am absolutely certain that I did not change anything. I only use APhoto to edit my photos and only the basic brushes for that purpose. I don't have any particular colour palettes either. I had the same problems with the beta and it was also this folder that was causing issue. It is abnormal that APhoto lags and freezes when using it and I have seen threads in the forum explaining the same problems. If these were permanent saved files, why would the problem get worse while using APhoto?
I know I work with large files (raw or tif, never jpeg; often more than 1Gb after editing), so the problem could come from that (it should not).

I also know that I won't have time to test the content of this folder. I'll use APhoto (or some of its functions) as long as it's stable enough and hope that a next update will solve this... but I'm not the only one having such issues.

Very simple but graphic photos that I really like (colour associations and general shapes):

F1'.JPG

F2'.JPG

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, markw said:

I have a space all ready and waiting for your book!
And I’m sure others here do too!

@markwThank you Mark. I plan to publish it in French first. I may consider translating but then it will need grammatical correction by a native English speaker. Il might take a bit of (extra)time.

@Pattou  Patrick, the fish are glorious!  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Big Sur v. 11.6.5.  Affinity Photo 1.10.5, Affinity Publisher 1.10.5, Affinity Designer 1.10.5
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Big Sur v. 11.6.5.   Affinity Publisher 1.10.5, Affinity Photo 1.10.5, Affinity Designer 1.10.5
21.5 iMAC Retina 4K display MacOS High Sierra v. 10.13.6.  Memory 8 GB, 1TB Fusion Drive: Affinity Publisher 1.8.4, Affinity Photo 1.8.4, Affinity Designer 1.8.4
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 15.6); Apple pencil.  Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

The last 2 on the fun side of this thread (kind of light effects on a flower). I don't think many will like them here but it's very relaxing, like making patterns.
I've held on so far but APhoto is giving me too many issues. I'm getting a bit tired to be honest. I sometimes have to stop AP several times during the same editing session (hoping for no more lags or freeze). I don't know what is wrong with ver 1.10... maybe nothing, my PC is certainly getting too old for these Affinity apps, but it's not the right time to change ( have no problem leaving this discussion thread running).

Cheers, P.

LastOne.JPG

LastOne'.JPG

coming out of the ground, this little one. Taken with a 135 mm panagor and 12 mm macro ring

Eekhoornzwam_DSC7361.jpg

Windows 11 (Home) build: 22H2-Version  22622.440 -  64 bits.  Intel core i5 -10400F  2.9 Ghz. 
Ram: 32 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" wide screen
MSI Nvidea 1050 TI Gpu 4GB  OC- studiodriver: 512.59 - XP-Pen star03
Affinity Photo - Designer -  Publisher - ArtRage 6 - Aurora 
version: 1.10.5.1342 
https://studio97visuals.jouwweb.nl