You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Have you guys thought of approaching schools and offering your software either free or reduced cost?

In the early day I think most of us would have to own up to 'acquiring' a copy of Adobes offering to learn the skills that would be otherwise impossible, because lets be honest what kid can afford a £1000 design suit?

My son is in his last year of school and is completing a GCSE in graphic design, I was shocked to find out that the school did not teach any correct form of Adobe software only paint shop pro and an old copy of fireworks.

If kids where to learn this off the bat, and leave school loving the software and equally it did not cripple the school to provide it as a learning tool.

I think it would provide you a solid foundation of loyal users wanting to move forward and use this in the professional world.

Serif have something similar with their Plus range over on Windows. Speak to your IT/finance dept about OS and cost issues. If Mac OS X is not feasible, then the Draw/Photo/PagePlus range won't disappoint.

AD on Mac, if you can - you should.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

• 2 months later...

I would be interested in educational licenses, too. I’m a professor at a German art school and would like to introduce my students with alternative workflows to all-Adobe. Alas, I cannot license the Designer with a discount via the app store. It just doesn’t work, I already contacted Apple for support and tried with them in several ways over weeks. Maybe you can consider selling edu licenses via your website? Or provide discount codes for the App Store? I know €39 isn’t really that much to even complain, but for some student it still is :/

• 1 year later...

Did you apply for the Volume Purchase Programme for Education? This will give you 50% of the normal App Store price.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to figure this out right now. This only seems to apply if you buy 20+ licenses. Is that correct?

• Staff

I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to figure this out right now. This only seems to apply if you buy 20+ licenses. Is that correct?

Yes, the 50% discount only applies to 20+ licenses. This is an Apple programme. 

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello. Sorry because I did not find any other thread for that but here it is. 

I'm a creative director and teacher in Strasbourg University. We recently bought 60 licences of both Affinity Photo & Designer. 

The question is that we don't have any clue about how to manage the licences for our students. 

It is said on your website that in 2017, it would be possible to manage and distribute licences individually to our students, but for now, I am totally unable to do that. 

We bought the licences, how should I deal with that for 60 students?

Any idea???

• 4 weeks later...