You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Menu for Levels and Curves adjustment still not fixed in new beta

Gabe, this is not a duplicate. 

The issue was logged in the last release as not operating properly.  

Please log it as still not fixed in this new beta as a reminder for the developers to look at.   

The Levels and Curves adjustment that I have been following for a long time are still not fixed in this new beta.  

The scroll menu is still behaving irrationally, not displaying the correct properties for colour type and/or incomplete.  

If necessary I will make a video but I think that I have shown this issue well in other posts.  

1 minute ago, p_mac said:

Please log it as still not fixed in this new beta as a reminder for the developers to look at.   

It does not need to be logged again if it's the same problem, unless Serif has incorrectly said it was fixed.

They don't get everything fixed by the next release. Once it's logged it's on the list to be fixed, however long that takes. Some bugs have taken years.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

It does not need to be logged again if it's the same problem, unless Serif has incorrectly said it was fixed.

They don't get everything fixed by the next release. Once it's logged it's on the list to be fixed, however long that takes. Some bugs have taken years.

Hi walt.farrell

I guess that you are correct but these two adjustments are pretty important.  
If you watched tutorials these are pretty much go to adjustments, curves in particular.  
There are other adjustments that nobody really cares if they work or not but I would say this is not the case for these two. 
To have the intricacies of them not functioning correctly for such an extended period of time, first noticed early 2021, makes this software less then professional as it has gone thru several iterations of release and beta formats. 
Maybe nobody uses any more then adjusting the master curve but why then include all the professional technique?  

I am annoyed and I guess they are also annoyed. 
Sorry but please fix.  

Just one more thing.  

Capture One is coming to iPad.  They are working on the beta as I type.  No it doesn’t stitch Panos or do stacking but wow does it do a job on all things other.   

I want serif software to be extremely successful, especially on iPad but right now AP had forced me to do my work on on my desktop computers.  Rarely am I using my iPad any more.  

I am 😪

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.