You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Windows Customer Beta - 1.10.0.1085

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Improved linked documents to try to restore the correct artboard after a linked document has been modified
  • Improved IME text editing
  • Improved support for some lesser used Unicode characters
  • Added Emoji support
  • Fixed SVG export not exporting stretched text correctly when transforms are flattened
  • Fixed SVG import to allow whitespace between "translate" and the following open bracket
  • Fixed RTF export to close small caps correctly
  • Fixed placing an embedded file incorrectly favouring the edited one in memory and not the source file used

Previous release notes

3 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Fixed RTF export to close small caps correctly

All 3 betas mention that they've "fixed" RTF export.

When did Affinity start supporting RTF export? And where would I find it?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
20 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

All 3 betas mention that they've "fixed" RTF export.

When did Affinity start supporting RTF export? And where would I find it?

Hi Walt,

This fix relates to the output of RTF text on the clipboard when something is copied - its not an 'export' per se, just fixing some incorrect data that was getting added to the clipboard. It was to fix this reported issue.

4 minutes ago, thegary said:

Just curious as to why the version has gone from 1.9.4 to 1.10?

The Release Notes for the Publisher beta have this:

Due to current and anticipated changes to help with performance issues this version is now 1.10.0 and replaces the previous 1.9.4 beta. All previous changes from 1.9.4 have been rolled into this beta.

Presumably the changes have become big enough that they required changing the file formats in an incompatible way, which is the usual trigger for a change to the major release number (1.x), vs just incrementing the minor number (1.x.y).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

""They're not ignored, from what the Serif Staff have said. They're read, and factored into their plans. But generally Serif won't comment on feature requests.""

Having your paying user base BEG, for a simple feature for the past 6 years while you implement features nobody asked for or even wants, is ridiculous. The point is, if I knew then what I know now. Not a chance in hell, I would give this company my money, I dont care how low the price is.

8 hours ago, Jyscal said:

""They're not ignored, from what the Serif Staff have said. They're read, and factored into their plans. But generally Serif won't comment on feature requests.""

Having your paying user base BEG, for a simple feature for the past 6 years while you implement features nobody asked for or even wants, is ridiculous. The point is, if I knew then what I know now. Not a chance in hell, I would give this company my money, I dont care how low the price is.

This is completely off-topic for this thread. Just because your favourite / required feature hasn't been implemented yet, does not mean that we aren't listening, or not working on them. Many features have been implemented based on the feedback from those forums. In your complaint about the lack of a Knife tool in Designer, you acknowledge that we've added Corner tools and Astrophotography (to Photo), both of which were raised from user feedback. I appreciate that you are desperate for a Knife tool, but we have to prioritise which features to work on, which bugs to fix etc. And it goes without saying that the Photo team is separate to the Designer team, so the addition of Astrophotography had no impact on Designer.

8 hours ago, Jyscal said:

you implement features nobody asked for or even wants

You may not want those features, but why do you presume to know that no one else does? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

9 hours ago, Jyscal said:

Leave some room for v. 2.0.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

This is completely off-topic for this thread. Just because your favourite / required feature hasn't been implemented yet, does not mean that we aren't listening, or not working on them. Many features have been implemented based on the feedback from those forums. In your complaint about the lack of a Knife tool in Designer, you acknowledge that we've added Corner tools and Astrophotography (to Photo), both of which were raised from user feedback. I appreciate that you are desperate for a Knife tool, but we have to prioritise which features to work on, which bugs to fix etc. And it goes without saying that the Photo team is separate to the Designer team, so the addition of Astrophotography had no impact on Designer.

These excuses hold no water. 6 YEARS. I am most certainly not the only one asking for this. I am also basically positive that a simple Knife tool was asked for, many years before any of the other requested features that have now been implemented. If that's the way things are prioritized then wow. Don't get me wrong. Designer and Photo are outstanding products for the price but after a long time of following the software and seeing nothing happen I have to stand by my statement of money is best spent elsewhere.

51 minutes ago, Jyscal said:

These excuses hold no water. 6 YEARS. I am most certainly not the only one asking for this. I am also basically positive that a simple Knife tool was asked for, many years before any of the other requested features that have now been implemented. If that's the way things are prioritized then wow. Don't get me wrong. Designer and Photo are outstanding products for the price but after a long time of following the software and seeing nothing happen I have to stand by my statement of money is best spent elsewhere.

As Mark said:

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

This is completely off-topic for this thread.

Please create a separate thread if you want to continue this discussion.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 weeks later...