You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.10.0.1)

• Staff

Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Download

Auto-update: Not available

Hello,

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is no longer considered to be an incremental update to the 1.9.3 version recently released to all customers. As such, we strongly recommend that you do not use this beta for real work as data could be lost and the files you save are not guaranteed to open in previous / future versions of Affinity Designer.

Thanks again for your continued support!

Many thanks!

Matt

Note: All changes from the previous 1.9.4 Beta have been included in this 1.10.0 Beta, thank you!...

Changes This Time

- Support for Emojis in text tools! 😁👌🏻
- Further performance improvements to general operations
- Misc text performance improvements
- SVG import and export tweaks

Changes Since 1.9.3

- Potentially huge performance improvements for large documents. We've spent a long time looking at this and have improved performance many-fold for large documents and improved scalability. If you have particular documents that still appear 'too slow' then feel free to share them with me and I'll do my best to look into them :)
- Memory handling improvements

- Fixed PDF Export group opacity potentially being applied twice
- Fixed potential crash when quitting with layers still on the clipboard
- Fix for Trotec Job Control incompatibility
- Localisation improvements

Fingers crossed that the clipboard will get fixed for next beta - still RGB only with 1.10.0.1

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

great update, finally bigger documents work as they should:) Any idea when this version is comming out "offical"? More or less of course, is it going to be next month, or next quarter of the year?

On 6/12/2021 at 5:01 PM, MattP said:

Support for Emojis in text tools!

I was kind of hoping this meant more generically that color fonts are supported now, but sadly they still do not render in color in the document (except the Emoji font).

It's a step, but comes up a bit short.

6 minutes ago, ceocan said:

was hoping that after 1.9 would come 2.0

That was one possibility, but Serif staff have mentioned before that the sequence might go 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, etc.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 6/13/2021 at 10:11 AM, ra.skill said:

Just one thing missing… ability to measure curves and shaped lines… very important for precise laser cutting work. 
Please bring this feature. 

You can use cinema4d for that. You don't need to buy it. Just run it in demo mode.

Before to do that, one precision :

Work in 72 dpi in AD

1/ Export your draw > eps

2/ Open it into C4D. Respect the scale factor (Enter 3.528 because internal measures in Adobe are in points… One point is 0,3528mm)

3/ Select the path you want to know the length

3/ Go to Mode > Project Info > Structure

That's all !

length.pdf

15 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

That was one possibility, but Serif staff have mentioned before that the sequence might go 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, etc.

I mean, Mac OS X / OS X / macOS went up to 10.15, and Tiger even had point updates all the way up to 10.4.11, so it's nothing unheard of. ;)  And think of all the Spinal Tap jokes we could then make, too. xD

It would be nice having a bit more perspective from the devs. I know they won't tell us what to expect in upcoming releases. But I do think they can, and should, let us know what NOT to expect. I see a lot of people complaining about missing features like warp, blend, etc. Some even turning to other programs. It's not an issue if some feature will not come to Designer before a certain time, or not at all, just let the community know and let us know what the goals are with the product. I think it would prevent a lot of frustration with some people

On 6/15/2021 at 2:44 PM, ceocan said:

It would be nice having a bit more perspective from the devs. I know they won't tell us what to expect in upcoming releases. But I do think they can, and should, let us know what NOT to expect. I see a lot of people complaining about missing features like warp, blend, etc. Some even turning to other programs. It's not an issue if some feature will not come to Designer before a certain time, or not at all, just let the community know and let us know what the goals are with the product. I think it would prevent a lot of frustration with some people

You do understand that by explicitly saying what not to expect, they might be giving hints to their competitors both on which areas those might improve, and maybe even on what features they were indeed working on by elimination, right?

3 hours ago, Oval said:

Checked the feature roadmap?

New roadmap?!?!?!? where?!?!?!?

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

On 6/19/2021 at 3:48 PM, Dazmondo77 said:

New roadmap?

Probably there will be no new one. The old one with features like mesh warp, knife and pixel selection to vector was mentioned.

@lenogre I agree. I've put a lot more attention and focus on learning and testing vectorstyler the last year. They have the crucial features missing in affinity designer and have been more responsive to input and frequently release updates. Where vectorstyler is lacking, affinity offers enough to make designer and vectorstyler a solid one two punch that can replace illustrator. I still want to see affinity take over and do well

• Staff
54 minutes ago, lenogre said:

I've still this little bug about render and color layer correction.

Copy/paste in a new doc and return in the original doc > OK

wrong render.jpg

Hi Lenogre,

When you first reported this @Gabeasked if you could update your post to include information we require as mentioned in the Bug Reporting forum - such as the exact steps you're taking, the files you're using and if possible a video showing the issue you're encountering. Unfortunately you never responded to him so we were unable to investigate this issue. 

Please, please when reporting issues to us try to give us as much information as you can about the problem you're seeing, what you expect, the steps you're taking to reproduce the problem and attach any supporting files you're using to reproduce it. If your English is lacking then please also attach some more detailed reports in your native language. We can translate this and attempt to fill in the gaps

Just showing us a screenshot and saying its broken is often not very helpful to anyone, especially when it relates to a file unique to yourself.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.