You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there, 

i'm currently trying to set new guides on an existing document with already loads of artboards (UX design).

I've always been able to set my guides on the first artboard and go on without having to set it back afterwards.

But today i need to set 2 new guides on every artboards and as i am using "Guides Manager" and setting guides on all artboards at once, everything i tried to achieve this has been a failure.

I've tried first by selecting one artboard, nope. All artboards selected, no either. No artboard at all, nah. And i've been looking for a button like "set on all artboards" or something like it. But can't find anything.

So my question is, is there something i can do to achieve my goal, or do i need to do it all by hand one at a time?

If not existing yet, is it to be added in future update? If not can it be added to the roadmap ? 

Thanks, looking to your answers.

Ben

Art Director at Tribu And Co | French web agency - See our work at http://www.tribu-and-co.fr

2 hours ago, Bento said:

is there something i can do to achieve my goal

One possibility is using a "master" artboard for all your objects, including the guides, and placing the blank "sub-artboards" in the background, nested into the master artboard:

ade_global_guides_nested_artboards.png.cb39a94d11676eb8cfa30b1903f06e22.png

You may also have to set the artboard fill color to make it look the way you want.
The drawback is that if you're using the Export persona, the individual "background" artboard slices will remain blank, so you may then have to recreate those slices on the "master" artboard. At least, any new slices will snap to the existing artboard slices, so it can be done pretty fast.
On the other hand, however, the regular File>Export will include any objects placed above a background artboard.

Another possibility is to create an artboard, set up the guides, and then duplicate the artboard with the already existing guides intact.

2 hours ago, Bento said:

can it be added to the roadmap ?

I'm all for it. You may want to post a feature request.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2