You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Has a worse piece of software ever been made?

It would be HELPFUL if you posted an issue and the steps to reproduce it. That way, someone can begin to help you

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

As regards the title, there have been many absolutely terrible applications produced over the years (including malware, it should be noted), and the fact that the Affinity suite is very popular testifies that it could not be the truly worst software ever made, whatever rough edges it may still have. I do not understand how titling your thread with such a hyperbole could be helpful.

14 hours ago, js8 said:

Text changing colors, the text boxes filling with a color despite not changing anything

I do not remember hearing of these particular issues happening before; at the very least, it has not been the general experience of the people posting on the forums. If you could demonstrate any of these things happening so they could be fixed, then this thread could do some good.

And please create a separate post for each issue

Also try to search the forum for an answer. Also try a google search with the search items and add AFFINITY to the begining. i.e "Affinity text changes color"

There are a lot of knowledgeable peole here and the are willing to help

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

10 hours ago, Rick G said:

And please create a separate post for each issue

Wasted time? I do not expect js8 to come back for proper communication.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

3 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

Wasted time? I do not expect js8 to come back for proper communication.

It only took a couple of minutes to be kind to him. If he is frustrated with something then he can come back with his issues.

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

• 1 year later...

I hate to admit it by I agree with the post. So frustrating to even start editing a photo with this software. Open a photo, give me some options, make it simple to start editing the exposure.  The menus are a joke WTF even does the basic exposure edit.

I'm sure it's a powerful program, but compared to Lightroom, or even free open source (bad)options like Darktable it's indecipherable.

5 minutes ago, whiplash55 said:

I hate to admit it by I agree with the post. So frustrating to even start editing a photo with this software. Open a photo, give me some options, make it simple to start editing the exposure.  The menus are a joke WTF even does the basic exposure edit.

I'm sure it's a powerful program, but compared to Lightroom, or even free open source (bad)options like Darktable it's indecipherable.

Please press 1 for a refund or press 2 if you require actual assistance

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

Hi @whiplash55,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums.

17 hours ago, whiplash55 said:

The menus are a joke WTF even does the basic exposure edit

Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Exposure is where you can find this option within the menus, or you can access this from the Adjustment icon at the bottom of the Layer Studio -

image.png

If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking out the Affinity online helpfile, our quick start guide and our tutorials to help you through working in Affinity:

Helpfile - https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/index.html

Quick start guide - https://resources.serif.com/photo/start_guide/Affinity+Photo+Start+Guide.pdf

Tutorials - https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/photo/desktop/

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!