You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Save as Package - as of 1.9.4.1082 - has problems

1. Made a document with 7 pages, image repeated on every page, 3 fonts (restricted) used.

2. Saved as package. The warning about the restricted fonts appear. Fine, everything as it should be.

3. Opened the package file again and ... unexpected results.

- That all images are flagged as modified ... still not fixed.

- The ONE image repeatingly placed on seven pages are now SEVEN images, of course having different names.

- The package report says that the restricted fonts are modified. Modified in what sense? File name? Or that they are suddenly not flagged as restricted anymore?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Duplicating the images seems to be restricted to the file type. JPG are not duplicated, but TIFF are. Other file types I did not test.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

33 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

image repeated on every page

How did you get the image into the document, and how did you repeat it on every page. I can think of multiple workflows, and it may be important which you used.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Duplicating the images seems to be restricted to the file type. JPG are not duplicated, but TIFF are. Other file types I did not test.

I'm struggling to reproduce this, I've tried a few different ways of duplicating the images. If they are listed as one expandable entry in resource manager they should export as one image and be used multiple times so it's definitely a bug if that's not happened, can you reproduce this?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

31 minutes ago, Jon P said:

I'm struggling to reproduce this

OK, made some more tests and I think I got the source of the problem.

All images are listed in one expandable entry. I added the TIFF files from desktop = no problem with packaging. I added the files from our file server = multiple files appear in the package. So it must be, that the files are lying on our file server. 

Final explanation after some more tests: The problem only occurs when the files are lying on a path containing special chars - in this case the German Umlaut ü.

So I think I have to apologize for my rude tone. SORRY again.

------

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.