You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photoshop Plugins not launching in Affinity Photo

Hi, hope someone can help me please. I have Affinity 1.9.3 and I can't get any PS plugins to launch. I have enabled them in preferences (see screenshot) and they show in plugins under filters. When I try to apply to a duplicated layer (checked pixel layer) none of the plugins will activate. Have Nik Collection (version 3) and Luminar AI. Both work fine in Photoshop. Neither work. Running on M1 Mac running Big Sur 11.3. I have App Store version of Affinity so thought it might be sandboxing but trial version downloaded from Serif website behaves in exactly same way. Completely stumped any guidance much appreciated.

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 21.13.33.png

Hello @topcat_1966, and welcome to the forums.

There could be many reasons for these plugins not working. The first that springs to mind is that most do not work with 32-bit images. Some only work with 8-bit images.

If this does not solve your problem, perhaps you could supply a recording or screenshot of what happens when you try a plugin.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 3 weeks later...

What's good Fam, 

Newbiest of newbs here. I'm have a similar problem. Is there a vid about how to load plugins? I'm a bonehead and can't figure out root directories, etc. The help menu is kinda confusing. I got them to show up in Filters. Luminar AI said it was opening, but never did, and Topaz crashed AP. I'm quite envious that Topcat_1966 actually got some to say "Working". MBP, Catalina 10.15.7, 500GB, 16 ram. I was going to try Filter Forge next, I've read that there is some success using it, but my head hurts too much right now.

Cheers