You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Other ways to distort or make 3ds object unless using shear and rotate

The 0 degree does not respond to the left image - at least you can't tell but I think it does not.

You can only rotate and shear embedded documents, with the perspective distortion applied they'll get rasterised ...

Wait - I'll have to try the live perspective filter - maybe that works now - that would be awesome!

Hi MBd, I've not had too much experience with embedded documents.  But from what I see it looks to be a rasterized pixel layer when I opened the parent up in AD after doing the perspective filter on the embedded document layer in AP.  Am I missing something?  :wacko:

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Hi Gear Maker,

I think I know what you're missing.

You have to use "Perspective Filter" form layer panel not "Perspective Tool" from tools bar (you can see it on my attached files).

Perspective Filter => Don't have to apply because it show realtime editing.

Perspective Tool => Have to apply then you image will be rasterized to pixel.

btw I found some bug on Perspective Filter when work on embedded file, it seem to be limited area to stretch image. But it's still editable both perspective filter and embedded parent.

post-15219-0-73065200-1445997865_thumb.png

post-15219-0-47884800-1445997871_thumb.png

post-15219-0-42706300-1445997881_thumb.png

Hi all,

I believe Gear Maker is right, or isn’t he? Applying the Perspective Live Filter seems to result in a rasterisation of the layers the filter is applied to. Of course, the filter is adjustable after applying, which means it is nondestructive (in contradistinction to the Perspective Tool), but at least if you export your document with the filtered layers to .eps or the like, these filtered layers get rasterised.

Or do I miss something here?  :unsure:

Cheers, Alex 

P.S. And the .eps export does not seem to work correctly at the moment … see below.  :(

post-1198-0-10949100-1446019724_thumb.png

Stars.eps

I can´t open the embedded text and I also don´t see a perspective filter being applied but nevertheless ....

as far as I´m concerned the placed image is rasterized when it´s exported along wth the whole project but inside it`s own file it´s still vector and thus completely editable 

for me - that´s a big step - I´m usually dealing with pixel stuff anyway