You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi :)

I have an issue with the brushes from the „VectorHero - Ink Brush Pack for Affinity Designer“ by RetroSupply on the Mac as well as on the iPad. I’m attaching 2 screen grabs:

1. Unexpected behaviour in latest Affinity Designer on the Mac (same behaviour in latest Affinity Designer on iPad):

111027411_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-07um16_26_12.png.51eea6fc0f2f7011b49b1cc6f6e823f8.png

2. Expected behaviour in Illustrator 2017 on a Mac with High Sierra:

6157499_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-07um16_26_26.png.b2dfa2bf70efcfa40e08bc1d239862f1.png

In Affinity Designer after I apply the brushes to vector lines, the line visually continues after the endpoints, respectively gets added before the starting point.

When I use the equivalent brushes in Illustrator on the same file (exported as .EPS from Affinity Designer) the brushes apply to the curves as expected.

Anyone else seeing something like this? Is this a bug in the brushes or an Affinity quirk?
Edited by UdoBerlin
forgot to add screen grabs

You can change the behaviour of the ends of a curve in the Stroke panel ("Kontur" auf Deutsch). There are three options for the behaviour of the endings ("Cap"/"Ende"), right below the slider for the Width ("Breite") of the stroke. Possibly you can solve your problem by checking them out.

1 hour ago, iconoclast said:

You can change the behaviour of the ends of a curve in the Stroke panel. There are three options for the behaviour of the endings ("Cap"), right below the slider for the Width of the stroke. Possibly you can solve your problem by checking them out.

Yes! Thanks! I thought I had tried that, but obviously not.