You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.9.4 Astro Stacking Fuji RAF - No Colour

Developers - 

I downloaded and installed the beta update (1.9.4.243) today, as I was encountering the same issue with Canon RAW (.CR3 format) images rendering in color when opened singly, but rendering only in greyscale when viewed as part of light frame astrophotography stack. Trying the same experiment using the 1.9.4.243 beta update resulted in the same issue; the .CR3 image opened outside of the astrophotography stack workflow color-rendered correctly, but the images opened within the astro stack workflow rendered in B&W (see attached). Apologies for the pixelated nature; these were shot with a 12 mm lens, at only 1 minute of exposure (40 total images in the stack), so the images have to be magnified a bit to see the color (or lack thereof).

I might suspect that memory issues are to blame (my iMac is a vintage 2013, with only 8 MB of RAM); does the astrophotography stack workflow access system memory in a way that would cause the images to color-render incorrectly? It seems like others have had this greyscale vs. color for astro-stacking issue solved after installing the new beta version, but it appears to persist for me (and maybe some others, as well?).

Thanks in advance.

stack_BW_CR3.png

non-stack_color_CR3.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.