You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity apps start failute in windows 10

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Have you recently:

• Updated Windows?
  • Updated the Affinity applications?
  • Installed or updated any other software on your PC?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@Stojan

What is your computer spec., in particular, (if you have a discrete GPU) exactly which one is it (make and model) and which driver do you currently have installed?

I ask this because I wonder if this is another example of OpenCL causing the problem because of GPU driver incompatibility.  I experienced exactly the same as you recently, which turned out to be caused by a driver update for my AMD Radeon  graphics card.  My post in this thread gives rather more details, along with a link to an FAQ which shows how to disable OpenCL even if none of the apps will open.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

@Stojan

Your computer spec, as previously requested, might possibly offer a clue.

Also, did you actually disable OpenCL, as explained in that linked FAQ?  (I realise you can't disable it from within the apps - because they don't open at all - but you can disable it following the method given in the FAQ.  It's what I had to do, as a first stage, to restore operation of all the Affinity apps, before then downgrading my GPU drivers.)

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

sorry for the delay, I am quite busy these days, exams have started at the school where  I teach.

Device name    JuicePlant
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16,0 GB
Device ID    EC17BEB5-D996-442E-A6BF-C40B2867688E
Product ID    00326-10000-00000-AA904
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    21H1
Installed on    ‎16. ‎08. ‎2020
OS build    19043.1052
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

No OpenGL is still on.

regards

Stojan

3 hours ago, Stojan said:

No OpenGL is still on.

If OpenCL is still on, you should try with it disabled.

If the method in the FAQ didn't work, you can try this tool that was created by another user:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1