You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sketching on Affinty Photo for Ipad

I use AP for photo editing.Recently I started sketching on Apple Notes native app with pen and pencil.

I am looking for resources on sketching on AP for IPad. There are so many customisations in the brush tool for pencil and pen that it becomes a bit overwhelming for a beginner like me.

When I try to do Google search I mostly get AD videos.I am not keen on buying it just for basic sketching stuff.

Could someone please share beginner friendly sketching tutorials for AP.

Thanks 

Abby

I assume you’ve looked at the Help that comes with the app?

I know it’s a bit obscure, because you have to go out to the Home Screen to see the link to it (top right).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

8 hours ago, ProDesigner said:

I assume you’ve looked at the Help that comes with the app?

I know it’s a bit obscure, because you have to go out to the Home Screen to see the link to it (top right).

It’s available online now. :)

https://affinity.help/photoipad

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

12 hours ago, DM1 said:

And offline

I tried to search for your pdf in the forum to link to here @DM1, but failed... glad you’ve popped along and added it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

4 hours ago, ProDesigner said:

I tried to search for your pdf in the forum to link to here @DM1, but failed... glad you’ve popped along and added it.

Mods pinned the Designer help file but not yet pinned the photo help file. I added the download links to my sig but people rarely look at sigs 🙂.

5837094A-7BE9-4FC9-930C-9A0643FB73F1.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/